PDA

View Full Version : The Nun

Yako
05-30-2004, 02:14 PM
Here I send another image--It's a nun smelling a rose. I started it from scratch....I spent some time doing it because in the process I did many changes---

Originally what I wanted was to do was a woman smelling a rose with her hair floating in the wind in earthly colors, then I changed it and wanted to do a an asian woman with a blurred scene of war at the background in an attitude of mourning...i felt it was a bit drammatic so I did something more peaceful....

This image was done in ArtRage and then I applied texture with Microsoft Editor---

peoplepainter
05-30-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi! I am new to this part of the site as well as the whole site for that matter. I am so glad to see digital portraits here and I am glad Joel has crossed over to the regular portrait section.

As for the Nun, I love it. I love the elegant simplicity. The colors are soothing and I think the texture adds interest. Nice job, Yako!

Lisa

P.S. What is ArtRage? Never heard of it.

flowerfancy58
05-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Yes I agree.......I love the simplicity of it too, well done!!

gloria:)

Yako
05-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Thanks a lot for your comments Lisa, FlowerFancy and Jet....It's nice to know that there exists people having and sharing the same interest (and passion) for art as one..(I'm sure I would have studied arts or something related to design if it were not the case that here in Chile it's really impossible to live working in this area, it's not well paid)....

Lisa welcome to this site!...you'll find interesting things and learn a lot reading the threads and articles about techniques and materials...also you'll meet really nice people that gives you valuable advice...I'm new here too(not so new, I entered here by March this year)... I looked at your site, I see you're a professional artist, wonderful portraits! the one I liked most was the child hugging the bunny- I hope you'll post your work here and show us your techniques.

About ArtRage, is a free painting program that's very easy to use (very intuitive), you'll learn to use it in less than 5 minutes! It allows you to "paint" in oil, pastel,pencil, crayon....I think it's a nice toy for children....BloodJelly mentioned this program in:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176525&highlight=artrage

i found it was interesting so i started to use it...

peoplepainter
05-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the info on the program and the nice comments. Since your post I did add my portrait. We'll see how it goes.

Again, thanks.

Michael
05-30-2004, 05:45 PM
I have to echo the other comments here...LOve the simplicity here. After seeing more of what you have done with artrage has convinced me to give it a try...well done

Jet
05-30-2004, 05:57 PM
Hey !! i lost a reply again..i gotta stop dreamin' about kruger.. :evil:

Well , what do we have here !! A real beauty indeed...

Great piece..

JCoop
05-30-2004, 09:16 PM
Yako, nicely done! I agree with the others... very serene and beautiful. Love the soft expression. Keep 'em comin'!

Lisa, glad to see that you made your way over. I was going to invite you over to look around. We've got a good thing going here and we would love to have you as a part of it! Jump right in!

Yako
06-06-2004, 02:18 PM
RedWater, Jorge & JCoop thanks a lot for your kind comments!...Couldn't say thanks because I didn't have a connection....

Michael
06-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Glad to see you back Yako...Keep posting 'em!!

Yako
06-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Thanks a lot RedWater....it makes me very motivated to draw and paint better everyday!...

Michael
06-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Thanks a lot RedWater....it makes me very motivated to draw and paint better everyday!...

GOOD!!!!

Now keep showing off your work!!!

Freedom's poet
06-06-2004, 06:39 PM
This is beautiful Yako. There really is a sense of tranquility in this painting.

Susan

Duende
06-06-2004, 06:53 PM
This is really nice Yako! You have a very unusual and simplistic style. Paddy

Yako
06-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Susan, Duende thanks for your comments!....It's nice to have such comments. :) I see I transmmited well what i wanted to say with the picture....It's funny but it was really difficult for me not to paint in a detailed way and keep the drawing simple!!... :rolleyes:

Kareen

Ceu
06-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Very peaceful and wonderful. great job
Yako