PDA

View Full Version : WDE 5-22-04 Two Girls at Piano (color)

ams
05-30-2004, 07:44 AM
I like to finish one piece before I start another so I added color to the sketch of the two girls playing the piano from last week.

11 x 14, Neocolor II on Stonehenge.

C&C welcome.

Now I can try one of the photos from this week!

Anne

stonewhiteclown
05-30-2004, 11:02 AM
Great musicianship :D Good job on likeness! :clap:

sundiver
05-30-2004, 11:49 AM
This skill with the Neocolor lls always astounds me! Guess I should practice more lol. Anyway, nicely done! Wet or dry or both?

Deano
05-30-2004, 12:00 PM
Very nicely done. The flesh tones are great and the lighting gives the forms believable mass. :clap:

dabblerdot
05-30-2004, 12:15 PM
Good on ya for being methodical and so patient- it really paid off !! This has turned out beautifully ! :clap: I did the same picture, but I like yours better because it has a more 'finished 'look, and I appreciate that you painted the little girls with their eyes open ! Much more interesting ! :clap: :clap:

xreader
05-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Lovely rendition of a very cute subject. :clap: :clap: :clap:

ams
05-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the comments stonewhiteclown, Deano and xreader.

sundiver, I worked mostly dry. I wet the flesh tones in my underpainting and painted the eyes. The rest of it was worked dry. I did a little blending with a Prismacolor colorless blender to mute the white paper showing through although most of that is lost when I shrink the scan down. I am thinking "wax pastel" as I work rather than water color.

dabblerdot, I have done quite a few graphite portraits and I have found that even a tiny bit of eye showing adds to the portrait so I put it in even though I couldn't really see it in the reference photograph.

Anne

Dyin
05-30-2004, 03:55 PM
great job, fun expressions! :clap: