PDA

View Full Version : WDE Rock Quarry

Leslie_Ann
05-30-2004, 03:50 AM
Hi Stoney! You put up some great pics. I'm a new member and have been really busy with school, but this event is a big attraction for me. :)

I've been really inspired by the great digital paintings I've seen, so I decided to try Photoshop for the first time as an art canvas. To be honest, I have training in the program because I'm studying Graphic Design, so it isn't like a real newcomer starting out. I've used it to colourize B&W photos so I know the brush tools and blur.
Anyways, here's what came out...it ended up being more interperative than I had planned, but I like that quality about it.
I know I need more pratice, *LOL*but I think the point of this is sharing the experience and the joy of art, so I won't be shy sharing...:)

lorna12
05-30-2004, 05:32 AM
This has such a surreal quality....I love the movement in it...the sky especially. Nice job!

These WDE's can be addicting, huh? Before you know it you'll be planning your Saturdays around them, like the rest of us! ;) :D

irish artist
05-30-2004, 06:46 AM
Welcome Leslie, You can use any kind of art here-no holds barred. There is a time limit of two hours to keep things informal and to have all the art posted in a reasonable time limit. LOL Lorna.....planning weekends around WDE's! I like the variety we get when several folks are attracted to the same photo. I like what you posted but I don't know enough about computer art to make any constructive comment. As ART, its a very good looking piece, I think you did well on this and would hope that you would return to the WDE's and make us more of these. :clap:

katju
05-30-2004, 09:30 AM
Hi Leslie,

Glad to see you came back!

BRRRRRRRR, your painting makes me feel like I'm stuck somewhere very cold and desolate and rocky. Great job! :clap:

Kathy

stoney
05-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Hi Stoney! You put up some great pics. I'm a new member and have been really busy with school, but this event is a big attraction for me. :)

I've been really inspired by the great digital paintings I've seen, so I decided to try Photoshop for the first time as an art canvas. To be honest, I have training in the program because I'm studying Graphic Design, so it isn't like a real newcomer starting out. I've used it to colourize B&W photos so I know the brush tools and blur.
Anyways, here's what came out...it ended up being more interperative than I had planned, but I like that quality about it.
I know I need more pratice, *LOL*but I think the point of this is sharing the experience and the joy of art, so I won't be shy sharing...:)

Hi Leslie_Ann.
Thank you for the compliment on the pics.

That's a well done digital! It comes across to me as rocks along the lakeshore with the light dancing on the waves. :clap: :clap:

The other day I downloaded the free program 'Artrage' from the net and will be playing around with that.

stoney
05-30-2004, 10:25 AM
This has such a surreal quality....I love the movement in it...the sky especially. Nice job!

These WDE's can be addicting, huh? Before you know it you'll be planning your Saturdays around them, like the rest of us! ;) :D

The WDE's are fun. Time for play. :)

Deano
05-30-2004, 11:25 AM
Welcome to WDE, Leslie-Ann. Your digi painting has a strong and captivating presence. Great values, color, and movement.

sundiver
05-30-2004, 12:01 PM
Oh, this is so beautiful! I just put down a SF book to come in here and had been reading esoteric descriptions of the lunar landscape...... and you have basically illustrated them! (ok,ok, the moon doesn't have snow or clouds, but the cold, stark mystery is there ;) )

Yokovich
05-30-2004, 12:47 PM
hip enough for any coffee shop!!
very cool--I vote you do more in the future :)

Charlie's Mum
05-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Really atmospheric - moonlight on the rocks!
Lovely effects with the blur tool - pushing that colour around! :)

xreader
05-30-2004, 01:07 PM
I think your rocks are stunning. :D I am trying to learn digital, and this is a great example! :clap: :clap: :clap:

zardoz
05-30-2004, 01:10 PM
very nice effects here . the style reminds me of one of the old masters but I can't remember which .I want to say El Greco but I can't even remember if thats a real name or something from my twisted reality

Drumbeat-trish
05-30-2004, 01:29 PM
This is quite stunning - wonderful effects !!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dyin
05-30-2004, 03:48 PM
Van Gogh would be jealous of that cool sky! Welcome to the WDE and hope you'll become a regular!

anney
05-30-2004, 05:35 PM
I especially like your rocks and th dreamy atmosphere. :clap:

Anne

dabblerdot
05-30-2004, 09:13 PM
Oh wow ! This has turned out beautifully and I can sure see why you are pleased with it ! The sky had me at the get-go, and to then scroll down to the rocks, well that's a trip !! The clean smooth edges remind me of the "Group of Seven"s Lawren Harris- very, very nice ! :clap: