PDA

View Full Version : Lowlands beach

Gillette
05-30-2004, 01:25 AM
Last month when we had big swells I took pictures from the top of the cliff, and this is the painted result, size30x15ins acrylic on canvas board. There were some surfers but I didn't catch any , so havn't put them in, do you think I need to , to give a better perpective of the wave size?
Jane
.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-May-2004/38894-.lowlands_bch_cr.res.jpg

Alan Cross
05-30-2004, 01:58 AM
Nice how big were those waves its hard to tell with just the rocks showing...
Alan :)

Marty C
05-30-2004, 07:45 AM
Hi Jane,
I saw the title and wondered if it was your work, I am very familiar with Lowlands beach, a beautiful spot I visited often when I lived in Albany.
It is a little hard to make out the size of the waves without a reference point - how about someone standing on those rocks, should be able to establish scale pretty easily from there.
Nice work, I recognised the scene easily, well done.

LisaArt
05-30-2004, 11:24 PM
Hi Janice. Some great work here. :) Like the colours. I agree with Marty about a reference point for the waves.

Gillette
05-31-2004, 04:04 AM
Thanks Marty, Alan and Lisa,
Glad you like it, actually the photo doesn't do it justice , it was a dull day when I took the pic, and I find a flash makes things worse.
There were a few people watching from the rocks so thanks for the suggestion, I will pop a few in.

Jane.