PDA

View Full Version : WDE 05/29...aspen yellows.

Muffin_4377
05-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Ok my first completed WDE....it took me almost 2 hrs. It's done in oil pastel, 8" x 10". I'm feeling pretty proud of myself right now, not because I like my finished product (I'm really not that pleased with it, I went scratch happy :rolleyes: ), but I did it in such a small time frame. It normally takes me weeks to finish one painting. I'm so pokey. :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2004/36417-HPIM0489.JPG

Advice and comments most welcome. Tanks for lookin'.

Dania

katju
05-29-2004, 07:39 PM
That's the great thing about WDE's, they force you to paint and manage your time. Welcome, welcome, welcome..........Keep coming back on Saturdays and before you know if you'll have a whole pile of paintings, like me. ;) Can't afford to frame them but I've got quite a collection started.

Kathy

Europa
05-29-2004, 07:48 PM
Well done Muffin on ur first WDE - and well done - great colours.

Pat

Deano
05-29-2004, 07:52 PM
Congrats on your first WDE, Dania. Nice colors, and I like your "scratch happy" background. It lends a lot of nice soft texture. :clap:

Dyin
05-29-2004, 08:44 PM
Hey, Dania! Glad you did the WDE and great job!!! You have nice complements going and now you have something for the weekly sketch in the OP forum too....wonderful job!!! :clap:

irish artist
05-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Oh, it has a dreamy look. I choose the same photo and am checking to see all the different styles and you have used the oil pastels. Did well with those too, I have some and am not able to do well with them. Kudos, good job.

Yokovich
05-29-2004, 09:58 PM
nice work!! it came out great! sometimes working fast is just what you need to do :) :clap: :clap:

sundiver
05-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Ok my first completed WDE..... It normally takes me weeks to finish one painting. I'm so pokey. :D
Dania

Well, you've come to the right place! Soon you'll be hooked on the little got- to- finish adrenaline rush that comes with the WDEs! Welcome, and I hope you stick around!
This is looking good- I find yellow to be the most difficult color in oil pastel and often feel frustrated with it.
As Sue says, be sure to post this in the Oil Pastels forum !

cmwynn
05-29-2004, 10:46 PM
I agree, the time limit pushes you to work with just the essence of the scene. This has been a help for me trying plein aire. Your colors are bright but soft as well.
Connie

xreader
05-30-2004, 01:10 AM
This is a lovely work in op's...Thank you for showing me the technique of scratching...I hadn't come across it before. You have put it to very good use here. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Chiers
05-30-2004, 01:15 AM
I like this Dania. Soft feeling and great color! Arent these WDEs just too much fun?

Muffin_4377
05-30-2004, 01:38 AM
Thank-you everyone..... this is beyond fun...I'll definitely will be back next week!! :D :cool:

stonewhiteclown
05-30-2004, 10:56 AM
You didn't put your hand wrong here, Dania! :clap: I equally like your aspen trees and soft background. And you are naturally fast, you must agree :) Exactly as Wendy said I chickened out of this yellows and you make them sing!
And welcome to WDE! To me WDEs have something common with sport, only everyone is winner here. Good thing!

dabblerdot
05-30-2004, 12:38 PM
Oil pastels defeat me, but I sure like what you have accomplished with them !! :clap: This is such a feel-good painting, very up-lifting and cheerful. LOVE the effects in the blue surrounding background, and your yellows really mellow with the addition of the soft oranges. Beautiful painting !! :clap: :clap:

zardoz
05-30-2004, 12:44 PM
this has a story book feel to it for me
i like it . now I want some one to read a storyto me

Charlie's Mum
05-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Welcome Muffin - you'll soon be addicted! :D
Lovely textures and colours - see you next week too! :)

Drumbeat-trish
05-30-2004, 01:34 PM
lovely blaze of colour -and the texture in the background is very appealing :clap: :clap: :clap:

artbyjune
05-30-2004, 04:22 PM
Lovely textures and soft dreamy quality too. ;)
June

anney
05-30-2004, 05:41 PM
Hello,

I feel close to your interpretation, because I was attracted by the yellow color of course, but also by the blue ligth...

Anne

stoney
05-31-2004, 12:47 AM
Ok my first completed WDE....it took me almost 2 hrs. It's done in oil pastel, 8" x 10". I'm feeling pretty proud of myself right now, not because I like my finished product (I'm really not that pleased with it, I went scratch happy :rolleyes: ), but I did it in such a small time frame. It normally takes me weeks to finish one painting. I'm so pokey. :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2004/36417-HPIM0489.JPG

Advice and comments most welcome. Tanks for lookin'.

Dania

Scratch happy?

It's very fluffy, almost like it was quilted. (delighted grin)

stoney
05-31-2004, 12:50 AM
this has a story book feel to it for me
i like it . now I want some one to read a storyto me

"... the tears of a clown, when theres no one around..."

/cue "When Smokey Sings" by ABC, iirc.

YYcat
05-31-2004, 09:36 AM
you did a very nice job on this trees, this event really inspires every week to make something and work faster.... :clap: :D