PDA

View Full Version : WDE5-29Geese

FriendCarol
05-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Think this is about 2 hours; had monitor set to stay on 1 hour, after I'd traced and copied from tracing paper to watercolor paper. Using mostly Escoda #8 sable round (and a synthetic fan brush) on a quarter sheet of 200# Curry's CP watercolor paper, with W/N perm. aliz. crimson & perm. sap green (purplish browns), with Winsor green (for greeny blacks), plus gold ochre & transparent yellow. Still a very long way to go (and I'm wondering what to do about the dark water). :)

AND -- thanks to all the WDE-ers who encouraged me to finish my old WDE of St. Catharine's Church -- while showing some work to visitors today, sold it for $40!!!

Deano
05-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Looks like a solid start, Carol. Big congratulations on the sale!! May you have many more. :clap: :clap:

dabblerdot
05-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Great start !! :clap: I find that the initial drawing takes up the lion's share of the time, but the all the work usually pays off. I'll follow along eagerly as you continue with this ! :)
ps congratulations on the sale !!

Dyin
05-29-2004, 08:20 PM
Congrats on the sale!! :clap: Looks like you're off to a good start on this...I know I don't have to encourage you to finish lol! Can't wait to see the final.

Yokovich
05-29-2004, 09:40 PM
they stole it!!
this is looking super!! post the final--I will check back :)

Drumbeat-trish
05-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Nice start -looking forward to seeing it finished -adding my congrats :)

cmwynn
05-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Very Chinese look to this at this point.
Connie

sundiver
05-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Always like to hear when the WDEs bring someone financial gain, even though the main purpose is fun!
Keep us posted on this one, you have a good start!

xreader
05-30-2004, 12:50 AM
Looks like this will be a keeper. Congratulations! :D

Chiers
05-30-2004, 01:23 AM
You have a good start there. I will watch for the finish. Congratulations on your sale!

artbyjune
05-30-2004, 02:55 AM
:music: :music: :clap:

Much congrats on your sale.
Looking forward to seeing the update on the current WDE. Under-drawing takes ages, but all will be worth it I know!
June

stonewhiteclown
05-30-2004, 07:11 AM
I think you have proper start here, though I know too little about w/c. I liked those geese too, but was affraid I might end up with two-headed goose :D

I'm so happy about your sale :clap: :clap: :clap: You didn't posted final of it? Correct me if I'm wrong. Dying to see it. ;)

FriendCarol
05-30-2004, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the good wishes, folks, and the encouragement to keep on with the current image! Now I get to see what everyone else did this weekend.

It's true, Stonewhiteclown, I never did rescan the finished painting -- sorry. Long-winded explanation: I'm still battling the "black-hat hacker" so I didn't want to scan the painting (in 2 pieces) on the online PC and transfer the pieces to the offline PC to stitch them together, in case a virus was lurking on the online PC. These days I stick to eighth sheets for WDEs so I can scan them in one piece, so I can post them from the same PC.

But, I'm developing a new strategy for keeping the online PC safe for much longer periods of time, so perhaps it will be worthwhile to install PhotoShop on the online PC pretty soon. Keep fingers crossed!

stoney
05-31-2004, 01:16 AM
Think this is about 2 hours; had monitor set to stay on 1 hour, after I'd traced and copied from tracing paper to watercolor paper. Using mostly Escoda #8 sable round (and a synthetic fan brush) on a quarter sheet of 200# Curry's CP watercolor paper, with W/N perm. aliz. crimson & perm. sap green (purplish browns), with Winsor green (for greeny blacks), plus gold ochre & transparent yellow. Still a very long way to go (and I'm wondering what to do about the dark water). :)

AND -- thanks to all the WDE-ers who encouraged me to finish my old WDE of St. Catharine's Church -- while showing some work to visitors today, sold it for $40!!!

Congradulations on the sale and your excellant start. :clap: :clap:

stoney
05-31-2004, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the good wishes, folks, and the encouragement to keep on with the current image! Now I get to see what everyone else did this weekend.

It's true, Stonewhiteclown, I never did rescan the finished painting -- sorry. Long-winded explanation: I'm still battling the "black-hat hacker" so I didn't want to scan the painting (in 2 pieces) on the online PC and transfer the pieces to the offline PC to stitch them together, in case a virus was lurking on the online PC. These days I stick to eighth sheets for WDEs so I can scan them in one piece, so I can post them from the same PC.

But, I'm developing a new strategy for keeping the online PC safe for much longer periods of time, so perhaps it will be worthwhile to install PhotoShop on the online PC pretty soon. Keep fingers crossed!

"Black-hat hacker?"

May I suggest....
Zone Alarm (firewall free for home use) www.zonealarm.com
AVG virus detector http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php

stonewhiteclown
05-31-2004, 02:57 AM
It's true, Stonewhiteclown, I never did rescan the finished painting -- sorry.
Okay, I believe it was good enough :)

Long-winded explanation: I'm still battling the "black-hat hacker"
It came across my mind yesterday - if you have particular hacker bothering you, maybe you could ask your provider to change your IP if you have static one. He'll lost your track hopufully?

Celia
05-31-2004, 06:06 AM
What a great start........ looking forward to a finished update....... and congratulations on a lucrative transaction ! ! !

celia

vanityfaire
05-31-2004, 06:12 AM
nice beginning.how exciting about your sales. Congrats :D -vanity