PDA

View Full Version : WDE 28 May - Sudha Bay

paganeagle2001
05-29-2004, 04:35 PM
Hello all, heres my version of Sudha Bay in Crete.

I know it looks like I did it in pastels but it is actually in watercolour!!!

Painted in 45 minutes on 140lb cold pressed paper with my usual Coterman Travellers Pallete.

I enjoyed the challenge of the time limit, sorry about not being in the last few events but other things took over!

Have spotted another few nice pics so I might have another go!

Any comments welcome! Also can anyone tell me how to use the Image Uploader from the Quick Links menu so that the picture appears here instead of the thumbnails bit.

All the best.

Richard

Charlie's Mum
05-29-2004, 05:12 PM
Hi Richard, I haven't even looked at the ref. pics yet and not likely to get a chance until Tuesday - but this wc looks lovely - nice colours! :)

Quick links ->Image uploader leads to window asking you to browse for file. Find file and click 'copy', then upload, then close window when file is uploaded. Back in your post/thread, click'paste' in edit menu and 'hey presto', your file will be there ; when you submit your post your pic will be in it!
Clear as mud? Have fun!
I usually just use the 'manage attachments' and find that OK - which is what you've probably done here! :D

paganeagle2001
05-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Thank you for the explanation for the uploader!

It's been bugging me as I have seen other postings with the pictures inside and have been trying to figure out how it was done! Lol

The picture of Sudha was a very quick one as I was having a hayfever bout at the same time! Boy is it fun painting and sneezing at the same time. Lol!

All the best.

Richard

cmwynn
05-29-2004, 06:34 PM
The echo of the colors in the sky into the water is delightful.
Connie

irish artist
05-29-2004, 06:44 PM
Nice blending of the watercolor washes inbetween sneezing! I'm not sure how you managed to blend the pink in with the blue without getting purple but you did. Yes, it looks like pastel, it has that light, airy feel.

Europa
05-29-2004, 07:25 PM
It does look like pastel - I love the variation in colours - well done!!

Pat

Muffin_4377
05-29-2004, 07:29 PM
I really like the softness of the colors.... :clap:

Dyin
05-29-2004, 08:34 PM
What a soft, peaceful piece this is...I would have thought it pastel for sure..nice job!

Yokovich
05-29-2004, 10:04 PM
delicate treatment of a rugged landscape. very interesting! :clap: :clap:

sundiver
05-29-2004, 10:08 PM
The colors are lovely... you've actually improved on the photo!

The picture of Sudha was a very quick one as I was having a hayfever bout at the same time! Boy is it fun painting and sneezing at the same time. Lol!
Richard

So how come there's no snee- I mean, sea spray in your painting? :D

xreader
05-30-2004, 01:44 AM
I admire the delicacy you have achieved here...very nicely done! :clap: :clap: :clap:

paganeagle2001
05-30-2004, 02:56 PM
Hello all and thank you for the kind comments about my scene.

The trick with the sy was to do a light wash of Cerulian blue just over the top of the land area, then raw seinna and then alizuran crimson. Let the washes nearly dry then add the ultramarine blue slowly down the paper until it is nearly touching the alizuran. Now with a clean brush with a bit of water on it, gently brush the ultramarine wash down to the alizuran so it meets.

Thats how I did it and it came out quite nicely!

Will be back for more!!!

All the best.

Richard

stonewhiteclown
05-30-2004, 09:00 PM
I love it! I must agree you hugely imroverd on reference! :clap::clap::clap:
Very quiet place, early morning :rolleyes: I feel like fishing :D

dabblerdot
05-30-2004, 09:39 PM
It has a warm peaceful Mediterranian feel to me- the sky to sea reflections are lovely ! Isn't it amazing what one can do under such time constraints ? :D Really nice painting ! :clap:

stoney
05-30-2004, 11:24 PM
Hello all, heres my version of Sudha Bay in Crete.

I know it looks like I did it in pastels but it is actually in watercolour!!!

Painted in 45 minutes on 140lb cold pressed paper with my usual Coterman Travellers Pallete.

I enjoyed the challenge of the time limit, sorry about not being in the last few events but other things took over!

Have spotted another few nice pics so I might have another go!

Any comments welcome! Also can anyone tell me how to use the Image Uploader from the Quick Links menu so that the picture appears here instead of the thumbnails bit.

All the best.

Richard

Is that Robinson Crusoe I see on the island? :)

stoney
05-30-2004, 11:28 PM
Thank you for the explanation for the uploader!

It's been bugging me as I have seen other postings with the pictures inside and have been trying to figure out how it was done! Lol

All the best.

Richard

Hmmm.....paint by sneeze...the new painting method....(teasing grin)

/advert
paint via the breeze
generated by your sneeze
/advert

Ack....hayfever. Too bad yea cannae gie' it ta a deserving poli.