PDA

View Full Version : WDE May 29 En Plein Air ( From Photo) LOL

Deano
05-29-2004, 03:45 PM
I've been admiring those folks over in the Plein Air forum for some time now. So I decided to appraoch this photo in the same manner as they paint outside: simplify shapes, limited pallette, and of course, limited time. Oil on canvas board, 8"x10", 2 hours.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2004/34493-DSCN0383.JPG

sundiver
05-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Beautiful job on this one! It does look like a plein air- has that "I'm right here" quality. I like the way the sunlight touches the plants.
I did this image too, and will post it when I get either the scanner or camera working! :p

katju
05-29-2004, 03:57 PM
It's got your signature style all over it, Deano...Beautiful warm colors. Looks great! :clap:

Europa
05-29-2004, 04:06 PM
Love it Deano!!!

Pat

Yokovich
05-29-2004, 05:27 PM
yes deano--look like you were right there!! no one would know you were in a nice warm house (with a nice coffee?)
beautifully done--! perfect colors

Charlie's Mum
05-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Your usual standard Deano - excellent in all respects!
Love that light filtering through and catching the bushes - top class! :D
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Deano
05-29-2004, 05:55 PM
Thanks, everyone. What a great bunch of people you are! You make me feel like painting. :D :D :D

stonewhiteclown
05-29-2004, 06:25 PM
Hi Deano! I also did "plain aire" from the same picture, only in oil pastels :D Have not scanned yet...
I see, log was simplified :) You achieved strong lighting on the left nicely! :clap:

You know, I figure, those plants on the right are probably not trees. It occured to me after I finished.

Deano
05-29-2004, 06:36 PM
Thanks, Stonewhiteclown. Yep, I simplified the log plumb outta there ;) . I saw those plants on the right as tall tree-like bushes. I'm looking forward to seeing your rendition.

cmwynn
05-29-2004, 06:48 PM
This is what I tried to do - but so much better. I think it can be good in watercolor, but certainly is harder for me.
Connie

Deano
05-29-2004, 06:58 PM
From what I hear, this seems to be a pretty popular pick this week. Haven't had a chance to see them yet. I'm sure that your rendition is fine, Connie, judging from your past entries.

Ottersong
05-29-2004, 07:21 PM
Lovely Deano, you caught the sunlight quite nicely. Makes it feel outdoorsey instaead of painted indoorsey,LOL. Marymc

Deano
05-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Thank you, Otter, for the kind words...they make me want to paint moresey. Lol.

Dyin
05-29-2004, 08:17 PM
Deano...this is great...nice, yet simple and it does look like you did it plein aire...sounds like I picked the same one as everyone else did lol...sure wish I'd thought to approach it this way!!!

dabblerdot
05-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Deano, this makes me feel like you hiked hours to get there, and have painted peacefully and productively in the cool shade, while admiring the lowering sun in the clearing. I expect the deer will be here to drink shortly. Absolutely beautiful ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Deano
05-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Deano...this is great...nice, yet simple and it does look like you did it plein aire...sounds like I picked the same one as everyone else did lol...sure wish I'd thought to approach it this way!!!

Thanks, Sue, for the kind words. I saw your OP of this and the colors in it truly rock. It glows with light.

Deano
05-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Deano, this makes me feel like you hiked hours to get there, and have painted peacefully and productively in the cool shade, while admiring the lowering sun in the clearing. I expect the deer will be here to drink shortly. Absolutely beautiful ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lol, you spin such beautiful stories, Dabblerdot. Thank you. :D

stoney
05-29-2004, 08:53 PM
I've been admiring those folks over in the Plein Air forum for some time now. So I decided to appraoch this photo in the same manner as they paint outside: simplify shapes, limited pallette, and of course, limited time. Oil on canvas board, 8"x10", 2 hours.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2004/34493-DSCN0383.JPG

Nicely, done! :)

I had to wipe mine out and will be restarting. Ah, well.

stoney
05-29-2004, 08:55 PM

Hehehehehe. The hike is about 40 feet from your vehicle.... :)

Deano
05-30-2004, 12:06 AM
Hehehehehe. The hike is about 40 feet from your vehicle.... :)

Whew...are there any rest-stops along the way??? :( :rolleyes:

xreader
05-30-2004, 12:21 AM
Simplified, yet beautifully done Deano...The gurgling stream is delightful. :clap: :clap: :clap:

artbyjune
05-30-2004, 02:39 AM
Fabulous 'plein air'!! The simplification really works. Lovely choice of colours ...shows the light to perfection.

June

Drumbeat-trish
05-30-2004, 03:07 AM
ohhhh deano it is wonderful- a magical place of light.

But.......where is the log huh???????????? I am sure I saw a log -I might just have to take that log home and nurture it :)

seriously -stunningly lovely work -I wish I had the knowledge to have the words to say what is so good about it -if you know what I mean :)

Leslie_Ann
05-30-2004, 04:10 AM
Deano, such rich beautiful colours. Looking at it feels like a calm escape. Wonderful work! :clap: :clap:

lorna12
05-30-2004, 05:12 AM
Deano....did you have a nice cool drink from that lovely little creek, while you were painting in that beautiful golden sunshine??

I can just imagine what it would be like to paint there. You certainly managed to capture the feeling.....This is so beautiful and calm and serene....I love your work!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

One of my art groups meets every Thursday thoughout the summer (weather permitting of course, and so far it hasn't) to go painting at a different location....I hope I find a place that nice when I go next week. I have this photo saved in case it rains. ;) :D

irish artist
05-30-2004, 06:55 AM
Absolutely Beautiful! I know what you mean about these plein aire groups and WC! is planning one in Michigan, the last weekend in June, could you join us? Larry Siellers will be there! I'm planning some plien aire painting also and would like to do as good a job as you--that is a very good painting. :clap:

gr8pets
05-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Lookit that sunlight! I can practically feel the warmth of the sun. :clap:

Christi

Deano
05-30-2004, 11:48 AM
Absolutely Beautiful! I know what you mean about these plein aire groups and WC! is planning one in Michigan, the last weekend in June, could you join us? Larry Siellers will be there! I'm planning some plien aire painting also and would like to do as good a job as you--that is a very good painting. :clap:

Hi, Irish. Thanks for your very kind words. I would really LOVE to join you folks, but unfortunately I'll be tied down to Ohio at that time. Isn't Siellers Great? I really like your aspen trees this week. :D

zardoz
05-30-2004, 12:37 PM
I have tried plein aire twice and it is not so easy but you have achieved the look here with a great painting :clap: :clap: :clap:

Deano
05-30-2004, 12:57 PM
where is the log huh???????????? I am sure I saw a log

Lol...As Dyin said, the beaver was busy! :D

Thanks so very much to Xreader, June, Leslie Ann, Lorna, Christi, and Zardoz.

Deano
05-31-2004, 11:06 AM
One of my art groups meets every Thursday thoughout the summer (weather permitting of course, and so far it hasn't) to go painting at a different location....I hope I find a place that nice when I go next week. I have this photo saved in case it rains. ;) :D

When you bring back some plein air paintings, would you please post them? I would love to see them. I already know that they'll be great. :clap:

stoney
05-31-2004, 11:32 AM
Whew...are there any rest-stops along the way??? :( :rolleyes:

Actually, one! :D :D :D :D :D (open aire composting toilet)

Sharrm
06-01-2004, 07:06 PM
Great work here Deano, this is a beauty. Really like this style, and your pallette, the colors are striking. :clap: :clap: :clap: Sharron