PDA

View Full Version : WDE 5-22 nebraska sky

kblack
05-29-2004, 10:55 AM
Here's my water color pencil of the Nebraska Sky.

I did this at breaks during work with just 8 colors and no masking fluid
so I hope it did justice to the photo.

Kblack

ams
05-29-2004, 11:06 AM
This came out very nice. There is a nice feeling of distance. I like how you handled the grasses in the field.

Anne

katju
05-29-2004, 01:42 PM
Welcome K...and good for you making time to paint. It looks great! Hope you will be able to join us more often. Matter of fact, this weekend's has already started so jump right in! :clap:
Kathy

sundiver
05-29-2004, 04:04 PM
Another terrific interpretation of that image! I'd like to see them all together, because they were all so different but all very good. This one is very warm and peaceful. Nice when you can do something like this in spare moments and have it gel together this well!

dabblerdot
05-29-2004, 07:41 PM
Good for you for perservering at work, and good for you for producing this lovely warm-bright-day painting !! I like how you've added interest to the road, because it was pretty dominating. But you've made it inviting and an integral part of this very pretty work ! :clap:

Muffin_4377
05-29-2004, 08:12 PM
Great distance!! I get a real sense of movement out of the left side. I can hear the wind rustling the fields. :)

Dania

Dyin
05-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Real nice sense of light to this...I could never do something bits and pieces while working, so good on you!!! :clap: :clap:

Yokovich
05-29-2004, 09:25 PM
you did this at work???? does that mean your boss is going to dock u?? lol--seriously if you did this at work you should be making this type of stuff your job--because it is dang great!!

kblack
05-29-2004, 09:51 PM
Thanks. I'm a general manager who is trying to train off my workload to other people so I can semi-retire and do more art. (Being the owner's wife can have it's advantages too) He could never fire me I know where all the money is! LOL. But, My husband is building me a studio - so I can't wait.
I have mostly painted with oils but I think I am falling in love with watercolors because I can take them anywhere! :D

Kblack

xreader
05-30-2004, 01:49 PM
Very fine rendition. :clap: I admire your mastery of the water color pencils...I have a similar set...but haven't expiremented with them enough yet. ;)