PDA

View Full Version : Any advice????

Bioartist
05-29-2004, 08:23 AM
Hi all,
as I am new to this thread, please forgive me if I am posting the wrong type of "digial art" or if it doesn't post at all (still learning :rolleyes: ).
Anyway, I completed this with photoshop and would greatly appreciate any c&c.
Stacey :D

Elvira
05-29-2004, 09:15 AM
The idea is great but the message doesn't seem to carry through, my daughter said it was because the girl doest look the part, she looks too serene and healthy, so that she doesn't emote desperation or depression. I'm not sure how to fix it. Again my daughter suggests that if you were make her gaunt and dragged out it would work better, the look of that controversial Calvin Klien street/drug Ad series is the general idea. Edie

Michael
05-29-2004, 01:36 PM
I will agree with Elvira here, and also say that I believe you can leave her as is but "dirty" her up a bit, smuge some dirt on her in other words.

I do think the black and white against the color works well though, and the deep texture of the background, which seems to be missing from the girl. On the whole though, I think it CAN work as it is.

Jet
05-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Yep, i agree with the above...
...too clean and too photographic look..
Advice ?....oh, no..... not me... :(

...but i 'd gladly give a suggestion.. ;)
.. i would smudge the girl to make the photo less evident and smoothly blend into the background ...

Ah ! one more thing , i would change recieve for RECEIVE :D

Good shadow work ! http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Regards

JCoop
05-29-2004, 04:18 PM
Elvira, your daughter has keen sensibilities! I agree with her completely... and everyone else too.
Stacy, clearly you are very talented... I'm sure you will get there with the advice given above.

themanda
05-29-2004, 10:43 PM
yes, this piece has potential, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten this type of response! :)

you did a great job on casting the shadow from the figure. you can do a lot of damage to that girl with the liquify tool to street her up and give her the hard life that the spa she just came from didn't deliver. [insert laugh track] she's way to trim and country club to have felt any real pain that would spur her to vandalism. is that red thing in front of her meant to be a spray can? i'd remove it...it's distracting.

i'd love to see a progression on this as you continue to work it over.

Bioartist
05-30-2004, 12:57 PM
Thankyou everybody for your advice, and I have seriously taken it on board.
thanks for the spelling tip too :p
I will repost this after I get a chance to work on it (husband was just rushed into surgery) so it will be soon
But thankyou.
PS. this is my first attempt at this, and as I have no real idea what i'm doing, any further suggestions would be gratly appreciated.
Thankyou all again.
Stacey

Michael
05-30-2004, 02:42 PM
Bio...Here is hoping all is well with your husband...Hang in there and keep your spirits up!

Yako
05-30-2004, 04:03 PM
Powerful message!... :) :) I think you chose the right colors (showing an air of sadness and depression), the attitude of the girl (bent) well done (as if she needs protection) but needs some a bit more dramma and done in a more painterly way (not so photographic).

I would do something dramatic like a light of a distant car comming from the left proyecting large shadows and producing contrasts of lights and shadows...(it's just and idea....I'm daydreaming...)

JCoop
05-30-2004, 05:30 PM
(husband was just rushed into surgery) so it will be soon
But thankyou.

Stacey, hope all is well with your hubby.

Bioartist
06-01-2004, 04:11 AM
Thankyou for your kind words everyone. So far so good with hubby (time will tell!) :confused:
Anyway, I plan on working on the piece over the weekend, so will post on Monday.
thankyou again
Stacey

kbilltv
06-01-2004, 06:17 AM
Her index and middle fingers don't wrap the arm like the ring and pinky fingers do.

And the shadow doesn't jibe with her lighting.

Other than that it's gorgeous. The poetry is touching. Good stuff, Bioartist! Post often!

Bioartist
06-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Thankyou kbilltv for your advice, yet I have no idea how to fix her hand, however I do see what you mean by the shadow (notice that when I printed it out :rolleyes: ), anyway will keep working on it.
Thankyou
Stacey

Lorijayne
06-03-2004, 04:28 PM
Stacey: I really like this. I like the dramatic lighting effect. My suggestion would be maybe to put a slight blur filter over the woman to soften the photographic sharpness. The brush strokes on the fence are a nice touch.

Lori