PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

fmoore
09-19-2001, 10:31 PM
I am trying to get freelance work from internet.If anyone knows of sites to place an ad or where to hook up with people who need artis let me know.
Also some info on how and where to find perspectivive clients on here would be helpful.
Thanks Fred Moore
I do portraits,illustrations and caricatures...

allanom
09-19-2001, 10:56 PM
Fred:

Two things: set up a web site for yourself and have it ready to refer people to for examples of your work. This is almost a necessity nowadays. There are lots of freebie or, at least cheap, web site hosts where you can set up your site.

And:

Put together a portfiolio of your illustrations and caricatures and arrange for interviews with art directors of magazines and other publications in Toronto (most of the Canadian publications you see on the news stands are published in Toronto). You might also call the advertising agencies in Toronto to see if they will look at your work for possible use in the promotional material they create. Some art directors may just ask to be referred to your web site, however. And thus the necessity for a site.

Check out my web site (host: bizland.com) as ID'd below. It's not for commercial work, but it might give you some ideas.

Ceu
09-19-2001, 11:40 PM
I will email you with the a club address for artist looking for work
ok

jerryW
09-20-2001, 02:08 AM
this would be welcome comic relief in any rag i read.
well done stuff. good luck