PDA

View Full Version : sails

Gilberte
05-27-2004, 05:25 AM
Plein air watercolor sketch, half sheet ...
all c/c is welcome, of course

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2004/9813-zeilen_2.jpg

LisaArt
05-27-2004, 05:35 AM
Wow, lovely sketch Gilberte. Looks like a finished painting to me. I like the soft colours and shadows

imlayte
05-27-2004, 10:45 AM
Hi Gilberte, A nice water color you have done in plein air! I have just started plein air using acrylics, but plan on plein air watercolor this summer. I assume your weather is on the humid side, and do you depend on that humidity to keep the paper from getting too dry for watercolors? I'm close to the desert here and it gets quite dry so am anticipating the fast drying problem.

Howard

Alan Cross
05-27-2004, 02:06 PM
Hey where are the flowers?? Just kidding I like it but would like to see a bit more depth in the water.
Alan :)

Gilberte
05-27-2004, 02:53 PM
Lisa, thanks for your appreciation.

Howard, Good luck with watercolors. I've no idea what it must be living next to the desert but a few years ago I painted in the South of France and it was quite hot and the painting dried quite fast whilst painting, I enjoyed that. One doesn't have to wait at all before applying a second layer if necessary.

Alan, I did need a break from flowers ... agree about the depth in the water.

Marty C
05-28-2004, 08:25 AM
Hi Gilberte,
Nice sketch, plenty of subject material there to develop into a full work. I'm with Alan on the water but the idea of sails against vegetation and skyline is great.