PDA

View Full Version : WDE May 22 The Nebraska Sky

Sharrm
05-27-2004, 04:56 AM
Hi there, it was a long weekend for us, and the kids had a Baseball tournament, so I started this Tues. This is my second landscape attempt, the first was last week's WDE spring blooms, that still is not finished yet. I wanted to learn how to do skies, so I tried this one. Lots of great photos of Nebraska, but liked the simplicity of this. Used Acrylics, 9 X l2 on canvas. C&C Welcome, would like to know how to improve :) I see lots of great paintings this week, will view and comment before the weekend. Cheers, Sharron

P.S. I see the color in the fields are off a bit, IRL there is more definition and and redish colors in there. Used the scanner, guess I need to get a good camera.

SwitzerS
05-27-2004, 07:45 AM
I really like your cloud! You can almost see the wind behind it.

dabblerdot
05-27-2004, 10:24 AM
This has a great sense of freedom and freshness- love the reflections on the bottom of the clouds. Remarkable for a second attempt ! Way to go !! :clap:

Precious Mazie
05-27-2004, 12:05 PM
I like the cloud too you can feel the wind! So glad you painted this! Its lovely! :clap: :clap:

Drumbeat-trish
05-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Lovely dramatic cloud !!!!!!!! I like your land too - great picture :clap: :clap: :clap: hope the basketball tournament went well :)

katju
05-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Sharron,

You did a great job on the sky! I suggest varying the color some on the grass and even adding a little detail in the foreground for interest. You'll have to use artistic license. Maybe some cloud shadows on the grass. Sometimes out here they're so low you can actually see big shadowy shapes on the land. :clap:

Kathy

Charlie's Mum
05-27-2004, 04:13 PM
Hi Sharrm, the colours in the sky are beautiful and there's a lovely feeling of movement too - so you've succeeded in producing a very creditable sky!
Don't worry about the landscape - you'll soon be adding interest with fences, paths etc and by using stronger colours in the foreground and allowing them to pale towards the distance you'll increase the sense of recession.
But I keep going back to those blues - delightful! :) :clap: :clap:

sundiver
05-27-2004, 05:16 PM
This is a great second landscape and I hope you do lots more! You've nailed that breezy open prairie feeling.

Sharrm
05-27-2004, 11:24 PM
Hi all, wasn't pleased with the washed out pic from my scanner, so here's a better one very close to the colors in the painting, except the fields are not quite that brown. (more golden):( There's got to be a better way to do this.. :) Sharron

xreader
05-28-2004, 01:21 AM
Very nice...I can hear the gale blowing... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sharrm
05-28-2004, 10:07 PM
Hey guys, thankyou so much for viewing, and your lovely comments, SwitzerS, dabblerdot, Precious Mazie, Drumbeat-trish, katju, Charlie'sMum, and sundiver. I'm glad you liked it.

dabblerdot, What a nice thing to say, this is my 5th painting, all WDE's. I've learnt so much here these last few months, and the support is wonderful. How's baby Mari? You should post a photo for us.... :D

Trish, My son and daughter were on the same ball team, and they won the Tourn. for their division :clap: Proud Mom

Kathy, Thankyou so much for the input, I can see what you mean, needs more detail to help give it depth etc. Will try and do that. Wonderful photos, is it OK to use a few for other paintings?

Maureen, Thanks for the suggestions on the landscape, the back ground does need to be paler, I missed that, great help. :)
Sharron

Sharrm
05-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Thankyou xreader for looking and your kind comments. Glad you liked it. Sorry for the late reply. I see this week's WDE started early....I'm off to look at the photo's, hope to see you there. :) Sharron

Yokovich
05-29-2004, 11:10 PM
great job sharm--I nearly missed this...I enjoy the spaciousness!! great work! :)

Sharrm
05-31-2004, 08:59 AM
Hi Celestia, Thankyou for looking, and I appreciate your comments. I received some good suggestions, so I'm going to play with it some more this week :) Sharron