PDA

View Full Version : adult content * satire

jheinrich
09-19-2001, 04:26 PM
Girls And Lipstick
acrylic and ink on canvas 3 feet by 4 feet
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2001/heinrich_GirlsAndLipstick.jpg

detail:

jheinrich
09-19-2001, 04:27 PM
details are truer color- sorry for the long load time

j*

ZOTMA
09-19-2001, 04:36 PM
I liked the drawing
I think I'd like the painting more if it didn't have the sign. Don't know how integral you feel it is, seemed more appropriate on the drawing and less on the painting. The painting excels in expression over the drawing to me; colors are outstanding especially the treatment of the face.

jerryW
09-19-2001, 05:22 PM
no more wierd and not less appealing than other reactions to planetary existence - one could relax with it and a very open mind, which is kind of what has been depicted.
might be edgy for some folks.
I guess it's from extrapolating the<b> maybe line</b> to the nth degree.
nice figureative in upper left.

arourapope
09-19-2001, 07:21 PM
Wow! Didn't know you were going to paing these. Great color and brushstrokes. The sign's fine as far as I'm concerned.....Maybelline might not like it, though.......:rolleyes:
Definately pushing that envelope! I'd be interested in knowing what you're going to do next?
Aurora

jheinrich
09-20-2001, 12:15 AM
zotma: I tried copying the drawing, and just couldn't, so changed the comp some ... I almost took the sign out at one point, and would title it "maybe it's maybelline", but in the end I like it there.

jerry: cosmic. yeah. more or less.

aurora: I wondered if there would be some sort of copyright infringement for using their slogan, if so, I'll just keep it for myself.

next? i'm doing a series based on a deaf fellow and his partner speaking in sign language- much more to the majority of my tastes ... but these oddities arise and I won't deny them.

thanks for takin' the time to speak your mind ...

j*

FioreQ
09-20-2001, 01:02 AM
and I thought I was weird heeheh just kidding...

I really like ...how can I say this..how you handle the paint,brushstrokes

:)

Gollator
09-20-2001, 05:17 AM
I do have problems when looking at those images. Maybe I am too prude.

The face is absolutely brilliant, in the detail version it kicked my shoes of.

Good luck with the deaf-sign-language. I wanted to make an image with my collegues sometimes, too (They are all deaf, which is just great when you want to hear loud music)

Greetings,
Gollator

Cindy
09-20-2001, 06:25 PM
I like it

a lot

and keep the sign

jasper
11-09-2001, 01:23 AM
pulling this up for allanom

vulva picture, yunno ...

geez this is a terrible pic! it's not nearly so dark IRL

(excuses, excuses, lol)

j*

domsanto
11-09-2001, 09:34 AM
Well, I better kick the tires and check the mileage. Oops! I thought you said Volvo.

Cap
11-09-2001, 10:12 AM
Voila tout!Vulpecular lady! Way to go Jnet!

allanom
11-09-2001, 01:23 PM
Thanks for alerting me to this piece, Jasper. I wasn't a participant here on its first go-round. Brave girl! I like it a lot -- not simply because it is challenging, but I really like the style, colours and rendering as well. The gauntlet thrown down to the purveyers of feminine beauty products is perfect. Well done!

giniaad
11-09-2001, 05:53 PM
j*, j*, j*...

well, guess you do not think much of lipstick...
only kidding, know it is a metaphor of sorts...
her private parts do look a bit disconnected
may be your intent...
I remember this image from earlier
only different, as you said...

your painting is done in your wonderful style
and always appreciate that...
good idea to keep this one
Maybelline could sue your little butt...:D
hmmm...snappies...got them for women?
only know them for babies...

have missed you...
gin

kelly
11-09-2001, 06:40 PM
This should also be in the debate forum....;)

Now, who is responsible for women applying all war paint to be "attractive?"

Is it the Madison Ave guys who market the stuff and strut the models or do we all make conscious choices about this?

I bet bet J doesnt wear make-up...or not much..

jasper
11-09-2001, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by giniaad

Maybelline could sue your little butt...:D

this is in my private collection lol (it hangs above the toilet in the guest bathroom) ... but I think the first ammendment would cover me in that this is obviously a satirization.

I don't have a problem, per-se, with make-up, though I don't wear it; or shave:rolleyes:, but I do think it is unattractive and OVERUSED.

Advertising is the real culprit. Make-up just one of the thousand-million examples.

and yes, they make snappies for women.;)

thanks all for lookin' and sayin'

jeanette*
aka jheinrich:p