PDA

View Full Version : wde 5/22-5/26shadow and light ?

zardoz
05-26-2004, 10:23 PM
sorry to be so late but I've had a lot going on lately
had a little time this afternoon and really wanted to do this from the first look sat.(plus a few more)

water color over a nib-pen and ink sketch about 45min so far. I may go back and darken a few areas later if time permits

this is the way I like to paint wth w/c's fast and loose over an ink sketch
thanks Kathy for some great pics wish I had time to do some more of them

P.S. just took a good look and have to say this is the only time I can honestly say that the painting looks better IRL I'll see what I can do about that

sundiver
05-26-2004, 10:28 PM
Glad you could make it! I like the feeling of space here. (And yeah, I hear ya about "a lot going on")

SwitzerS
05-26-2004, 11:32 PM
This looks verrry interesting - I haven't tried watercolors, but maybe one of these days.

dabblerdot
05-27-2004, 01:21 AM
This looks fresh and loose and fun ! I appreciate your ability to keep it loose because once I get mixing pen/ink/wc I get in so tight that I worry it to death like a terrier with a glove. I hope to be able to get freer like you have- it's a really nice effect ! :clap:

Precious Mazie
05-27-2004, 12:26 PM
This is beautiful and I love the idea of doing water color over pen and ink. I would like to "Break into Color" as I do all graphite drawings maybe this is an idea I could try for next WDE. Anyway great job! :clap:

Drumbeat-trish
05-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Loose, light and lovely. I Like :D

katju
05-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Glad to see you found some time to paint, Johnny! You have a very light touch with transparent w/c. Nice wispy clouds in the sky. :clap: I've become so fascinated with the sky lately because we've been having really gorgeous ones and out here there aren't a lot of trees blocking the view.

Kathy

P.S. I always think my stuff looks much better on the computer, too Better than the other way around I guess. :D

Charlie's Mum
05-27-2004, 04:19 PM
This is very vigorous Johnny, a lovely, lively painting. :clap:
I'm just a touch concerned about it falling away on the left because the horizon really needs to be horizontal!! :)

zardoz
05-27-2004, 09:30 PM
This is very vigorous Johnny, a lovely, lively painting. :clap:
I'm just a touch concerned about it falling away on the left because the horizon really needs to be horizontal!! :)

but the earth is round I remember my teacher saying so :D

thanks for all the kind comments everyone