PDA

View Full Version : WDE 5/15 - Just had to do a couple more...

SwitzerS
05-26-2004, 06:00 PM
I thought I just had to do a couple more of these neat pictures from last week. They are both acrylics on card stock, and each took about 30 minutes. :music: Looks like the steps turned into stairs for me. :music:

sundiver
05-26-2004, 10:31 PM
Nicely done, Sylvia! Love the steps especially. And never too late. Sounds like we're going to get lots more this Saturday- see you there!

zardoz
05-26-2004, 10:38 PM
really like your take on both of these subjects and the foliage on the tree is great

dabblerdot
05-27-2004, 01:17 AM
Lovely work and in such a short time ! I especially like the tree/park- it has the detail and feeling of a much larger picture ! ( I'm assuming card stock is 6"x8" or so, correct me if I assume too much :) )

SwitzerS
05-27-2004, 07:51 AM
Thanks very much for looking and commenting....
sundiver, yes this weekend's event sounds very exciting.
zardoz - thank you - I just love those old, worn out scruffy fan brushes. Make great leaves and lots of other things.
dabblerdot - thanks - Congratulations on your new grand! Aren't they neat? Well actually this card stock is even smaller than that - 5x6.5....

Precious Mazie
05-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Beautiful colors! I wasn't here for May 15th event but from your work the pictures must have been wonderful! :clap:

Charlie's Mum
05-27-2004, 04:46 PM
How do you work in acrylics on such a small scale S/s?
Like the light in the steps ptg, and love the dark, woody, intimate feeling of the bluebell wood. :)

ams
05-28-2004, 08:00 PM
I like them both but I think the tree on the right is really special. The bark on the tree trunk, the leaves on the tree, the bluebells around the bottom, the other trees in the background... I like it all! :clap:

Anne

stoney
05-28-2004, 08:36 PM
I thought I just had to do a couple more of these neat pictures from last week. They are both acrylics on card stock, and each took about 30 minutes. :music: Looks like the steps turned into stairs for me. :music:

Well Done! :)

SwitzerS
05-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Thank you very much stoney, ams, Charlie's Mum and Precious.....I didn't know it was supposed to be difficult to paint small with the acrylics....lol....I just try to choose the brush size that will fit what I am trying to paint.
Oh oh oh oh - I sold the bluebell one today....