PDA

View Full Version : WDE May22 2nd one Katju's girl

lorna12
05-26-2004, 05:41 AM
Just posted this in the w/c forum but thought I'd share here, too. Managed to do a whole w/c painting with no 'fix-ups' with acrylic!

w/c on Arches 140lb 12X16 (you may see where I stitched this as I had to scan it)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2004/11613-Katjus_child.jpg

katju
05-26-2004, 09:39 AM
That's Hayley and she looks lovely!!! Great job, Lorna! :clap:

Kathy

hopefulbucky
05-26-2004, 11:26 AM
Lorna, this is absolutely wonderful. You have captured this little beauty so well. She is so pleased with the little ladybug on her arm. Great job!

dabblerdot
05-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Wonderful in every way ! :clap: :clap: You've captured the 'child essence' so beautifully- I am fascinated by your handling of the shape and contours of the hands and arms. This is an absolutely juicy painting !! Yuummmm !! :clap:

Drumbeat-trish
05-26-2004, 01:47 PM
Beautifully done Lorna !!!!!!!! you make it all look so easy -she looks lovely and I love the wood :clap: :clap: :clap:

Charlie's Mum
05-26-2004, 02:28 PM
This is captivating Lorna - the hands, arms and drapes on her Tshirt are so convincing :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: (I'm so glad this wasn't in the fire yesterday where so-called Brit Art belonging to Saatchi went up in flames!!!
This would have been a loss! :)

lorna12
05-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Awwww, shucks :o Thankyou guys!! I did this more for an exercise than anything else. I needed practise with my w/c and especially the skin tones. I loved the look of Hayley with the little bug...it's so cute!

I have a great-nephew who is nuts about ladybugs...I just painted 2 small rocks turning them into ladybug pets for him.
That is a ball point pen for scale
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2004/11613-Ladybug_rocks_A.jpg

SwitzerS
05-26-2004, 06:07 PM
You definitely got the little girl look - precious!

stonewhiteclown
05-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Is it possible? Off to collect my jaw now ... love those hands...
:clap::clap::clap:

Precious Mazie
05-27-2004, 12:39 PM
These are all just as cute as a bugs ear! :clap: (Did I say that! :eek: ) Anyway I like them all. Great Job!

xreader
05-28-2004, 01:34 AM
An Amazing painting... Thank you for showing how a watercolor can look like a photograph. You even have surrounding scene reflected in the window...just great. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Chiers
05-28-2004, 02:56 AM
Lorna...beautiful :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Why am I not suprised. I want to paint like you when I grow up.

lorna12
05-28-2004, 04:18 AM
Thankyou so much everyone! Your generosity is exceeded only by your good looks! ;) :D

"I want to paint like you when I grow up"

Sherry that is so sweet and flattering, thankyou! Funny thing is...I was just reading cyrille jubert's thread in the water color forum/gallery (the one about the last dog) and I thought the exact same thing...word for word...about him! :D

Chiers
05-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Thankyou so much everyone! Your generosity is exceeded only by your good looks! ;) :D

"I want to paint like you when I grow up"

Sherry that is so sweet and flattering, thankyou! Funny thing is...I was just reading cyrille jubert's thread in the water color forum/gallery (the one about the last dog) and I thought the exact same thing...word for word...about him! :D

Lorna....want to hear something too funny. Right after reading your above post I went to an msn digital art group I belong to and someone made the exact same comment to me. LOL must be something in the air.