PDA

View Full Version : "Morning Beach" - printmaking

talkingbanana
05-25-2004, 08:20 PM
*pokes head in* Hey, this would fit here. I haven't really poked around this forum yet, so I guess I'll introduce myself: my name's Sarah, and I can usually be found in the Printmaking and Acrylic forums. Those, as well as watercolor, are my main media, but I'll try just about anything once.

This is "Morning Beach". Linoleum prints, edition of 12: 7 are the color/paper I'm about to show you, the other 5 are different ink colors and/or paper colors (I'm too lazy to scan an example. Unless you beg and moan and complain, then I might scan one for ya. ;) ). The print was based off a photo I took of somebody I thought was part of our youth group retreat at Emerald Isle, NC a couple weeks ago; I couldn't really tell from about 50-75 yards away, and as it turns out, the person wasn't a part of our group. Oops. Oh well, this girl will never know about this anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

6x9" on 9x12" paper.

Anyway, here it is. My sweat and blood (quite literally; I stabbed myself with the linoleum cutter while making the plate) went into this piece; critique, but be gentle please. :angel:

LisaArt
05-26-2004, 12:07 AM
HI Sarah, and welcome to the Forum. I love this. Really nice composition. Great work :clap:

Marty C
05-26-2004, 06:06 AM
Hi Sarah,
Welcome to the Marine Art forum, nice of you to drop by. I have seen your work over in Acrylics and it is nice to see it here too. This gets the prize for the first linoleum print in Marine art, and a worthy recipient it is. Interesting composition, the print effect makes for a careful look to take in all the detail. Well done and please come back.

Diane Cutter
05-26-2004, 07:26 AM
Hey, 'banana....

I really like this a lot. It's a beautiful job... Great composition, nice job of registration. Haven't been over to our Printmaking forum yet this morning so I'll save more cudos and specific printmaking jargon for that site because I know you've posted it there too (I hope) so the rest of your printmaking buddies can enjoy it.

A very serene print. I like it when we see other kinds of marine media here....

Diane

Leaflin
06-06-2004, 03:16 PM
Hi Sarah :)
Good to see you in here.
This is a lovely piece! The way you have shown the light and shadows is excellent.
It has a wonderful, warm feel to it.