PDA

View Full Version : a place to find peace - plein air oil

Ruth
09-19-2001, 08:53 AM
This is at Brookgreen Gardens here in SC, the day after the bombing... a quiet place to contemplate and find peace.

oil on canvas, 14 x 18

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2001/brkgrn1.jpg

pampe
09-19-2001, 10:17 AM
vey lovely and inviting....I am glad you found some peace that day

Pam

JeanineJ
09-19-2001, 10:55 AM
Ruth, this is FANTASTIC! I can feel the warm breeze trickle through the trees... I completely understand the need to find peace amidst beauty... THANK YOU for sharing!

RonReekers
09-19-2001, 10:55 AM
Ruth, First off I love the painting. The light is very bold and the combination of geometric shapes and organic shapes is very elegant.

Since you mention your effort to find some peace and reflect, it made me think. I don't know how this tragedy and whatever else comes with it will not effect our artwork. The simple tranquility that I personally seek in my landscapes could easily be replace with the harness lines of our world. Time will only tell. Hold on to your peace.

Ron

Gavinart
09-19-2001, 11:08 AM
Wonderful painting. Thank yo ufor posting it.

I too painted outside yesterday, although I found no peace here in Manhattan. I found some peace of mind in theprocess of creating, although the subject was rather tragic. I did not paint the wreckage, instead, I painted the many people together during a vigil. I will post it as soon as I have it shot (My digicam broke).

Your painting is warm and invitibg, very peaceful indeed. I wonder how the rest of america is coping, the only thing in your faces is the news coverage. Here in NY we see missing posters every few feet, and the smoke doesn't help.

Thanks again for posting such a lovely painting.

Luvy
09-19-2001, 11:11 AM
Ruth I love it *S* I sure could have used a place like that last week. Still could. It's beautiful *S* :)

jerryW
09-19-2001, 01:36 PM
very familiar.
did I do this, no you did this.
i would be happy to be you there.
great

rsmak
09-19-2001, 01:52 PM
nice painting,peaceful and quiet.

rosanna

Fagan
09-19-2001, 02:30 PM
Lovely work! It is a very peaceful and inviting scene. After the deluge of negative images I have seen this last week...very refreshing to see this piece. Thank you!

BlossomArt
09-19-2001, 03:02 PM
Beautiful, peaceful - you achieved a wonderful calm on a day when there was none.

I'm finally feeling, after a week here in NY, that I want to start painting again. It's been quite hard, as our whole office viewed the attack close up from our office, and needless to say, it's been hard to feel creative. Coming here is inspiring to me - I think this weekend I'll spend some quiet time and create a few things (I hope), and in the meantime, look at all the beautiful work here to inspire me! A wonderful job you did with this!

Suz
09-19-2001, 04:43 PM
Thanks, I needed that.

alva
09-19-2001, 04:50 PM
Hi Ruth, wow! sorry I missed this earlier...a very pretty, inviting painting, nice colors and comp. Nice! regards, alva

arourapope
09-19-2001, 07:43 PM
I missed this too! Thanks for bringing it back up to the top, Alva, or I wouldn't have seen it.
Lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The quality of light you have here is incredible.
Aurora