PDA

View Full Version : Do you have days like this?

Even If It Rains
05-24-2004, 06:25 PM
My last painting. I think it turned out rather well...LoL

Actually I think I'm rather confused about styles at the moment.

It's like i'm being pulled in opposite directions.

Sorry if this belongs in another forum, just thought it was funny :D

it'sALLart
05-24-2004, 07:59 PM
i have years like that.

i've been confused about styles since I was 14 and started painting. that was 30 years ago. i'm still confused but i just go wherever my nose leads me and paint whatever feels right.

d*mn the critics,
d*mn the galleries
and d*mn the collectors.

i'm much happier just being me than being something they all want me to be. and i'm much less stressed out about the "what should I be doing" question.

cheers!

Even If It Rains
05-24-2004, 08:45 PM
hmm thanks

It started off being really surreal and abstract, so much so that it looked like a 3 year old had painted it. So i thought maybe I should pull it back a bit and give it a more photo realistic quality , but thats wrong to.
It ended up as a brown gloopy mess. I had the great idea of putting another sheet over it and lift off some of the paint. That ripped the paper.

Anyway I think your right, next time i'll just paint what i paint.

BTW i hate 'flowers' :D

nancyw
05-25-2004, 11:22 AM
Dear "Even"
I like this. I think you should do two more--make it a set. Abstract is just that--go for it. Nancy in FL

HRH Goldie
05-25-2004, 12:11 PM
My MY I'm having one of those same days - nothing is going right! :crying:
computer won't save images I upload to any recognisable format that will go on WC. I sure do feel silly :o
Christine

PS Sometimes you have to just let it all out lol!
x

Even If It Rains
05-25-2004, 04:21 PM
Nancy , are you serious ? Though it does make me laugh when i look at it. Perhaps there is a message in there :)

ExpressiveAngie
05-26-2004, 09:15 AM
Nancy , are you serious ? Though it does make me laugh when i look at it. Perhaps there is a message in there :)

Persevere :D