PDA

View Full Version : WDE May 22 "Don't you wanna free them?"

stonewhiteclown
05-24-2004, 02:47 PM
OK, decided to put this here with a little help from friends ;)
I painted this before WDE actually, from invitation pic, tried how w/c underpainting works, seemed like pic ideally suites to purpose! It does anyway :) Boy has got difficult jacket, though. lol. But then, I only have scanner at work these days, so by the time it's finished it took 4 hours, so bear with me now :D However I promise that at two hours mark it was pretty decent already, only fiddling with shading and things left... Scanned today both... Butterfly too I mean.

about 5x5.5" oil pastels with w/c underpainting on Ingres I suppose.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-May-2004/30926-wdekids.jpg

Thanks again, Kathy :)

xreader
05-24-2004, 05:57 PM
Very nice stonewhiteclown...your people are adorable. :D

ams
05-24-2004, 07:34 PM
Nice job on the children. I especially like the little boy on the left. I also like how the scene is slightly out of focus through the fence.

I'm glad you posted, even though you worked longer than two hours.

Anne

Deano
05-25-2004, 12:57 AM
Real nice. You got a lot of detail seeing as how it was such a small painting. Good job.

Leslie_Ann
05-25-2004, 01:02 AM
Wow! You produced this in two hours?? I'm impressed! Nice work. :)

adamjw
05-25-2004, 01:13 AM
that fence must have been tough!! Nice highlights on the children.

roslyn
05-25-2004, 01:21 AM
Love the way you have the girl leaning in toward the boy as she talks and he listens. That very colorful background beyond the fence is quite fetching. Congrats on doing 2 very cool WDE pics. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Roslyn

stonewhiteclown
05-25-2004, 06:10 AM
xreader, Anne, Deano, Roslyn thanks for your kind words!
Leslie_Ann, as I mentioned, think 4 :rolleyes:
Adam, thank you! Fence was a joke since it's put on the top of all. I was pretty inconsitent through it however :D

SwitzerS
05-25-2004, 08:02 AM
I like it - the fence pulls the whole thing together I think. The children are great!

katju
05-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Alex,

I think it looks great and I'm glad you decided to post it. You're right about the jacket being difficult but I think you rendered it very well, and the background with the fence looks terrific! I tried to make some of the pictures easy by taking them from behind so you only had to paint one face on this one.:D

Kathy

katju
05-25-2004, 10:58 AM
I just took another look at your title, Alex, LOL :D

My kids always escape so I've taken to locking MYSELF up when I want to get away from them!!

dabblerdot
05-26-2004, 03:48 AM
Love the ambiguity of the title- which to free, the children or whatever's behind the fence LOL !
That background is amazing, very interesting and intriguing, yet not overwhelming. The kids are charming ! :clap: :clap: Good for you for getting early ambition and adapting to the invitation picture ! You should be very pleased with your two lovely paintings this weekend, swclown !! :)

stonewhiteclown
05-26-2004, 05:07 AM
Thank you, Syvia, Kathy,Lauren!
Kathy, yeah, that fell into my eyes when I looked especially at these figures with buckets, I thought "Not quite civil of them to show their backs on us", but then "who in the world can paint that many faces in just two hours".
Lauren, as for title thingie - I thought it's a zoo, not intened any ambiguity. I see it's not working well - girl looks like just staring not talking.

katju
05-26-2004, 09:37 AM
This picture was taken at the zoo. I got your title, Alex. Very clever! ;)

Kathy

FriendCarol
05-26-2004, 01:26 PM
There you are! Been looking for your work. :evil:

I'm not sure why the jacket (boy's) is considered difficult for OP's, but I like what you've done here. The "backlighting" effect (on her hair, his fingers) is particularly wonderful.

Drumbeat-trish
05-26-2004, 01:35 PM
Love the title -love the expression you have captured on the girls face - :clap: :clap: :clap:

Charlie's Mum
05-26-2004, 02:36 PM
Yep, I think they've been in dock long enough! They're good kids really! Nice work :D

Precious Mazie
05-27-2004, 12:47 PM
I love the colors in this! :clap: I did this in graphite. The jacket was difficult. Glad to see this done in color its inspiring! :clap: