PDA

View Full Version : WDE May 22nd Sketch

Leslie_Ann
05-24-2004, 02:48 AM
OK, I'm late and this is NOWHERE near finished, but I did want to participate in this event so...

I'm doing this in Illustrator and it's all flat colour shapes made on layers much like photoshop. I loved the greens in the dresses so I hope to finish this at some point this week.

Thanks for having me Katju! Your photos are wonderful. :)

Drumbeat-trish
05-24-2004, 03:25 AM
I like the flat shapes nd the colours -keep on with this -its gonna be cool :)

lorna12
05-24-2004, 04:37 AM
You're not late...there's no such thing! :D

I have seen digi art before, but nothing done in illustrator....it looks quite interesting. I'll look forward to seeing how this turns out.

So glad you could join us! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Precious Mazie
05-24-2004, 09:24 AM
Wish I knew more about this type of art. It looks like a good start and I hope you post the finish! :clap:

Deano
05-24-2004, 09:48 AM
This is a very interesting start on the illustrater. It would be awfully nice if I could start my paintings on canvas with this much precision...I know I'm just dreaming, but what a dream. I love your start. Keep us posted.

FriendCarol
05-24-2004, 11:00 AM
Yes, I love what you've done to her dress! The 'posterizing' of her arm and face is also intriguing. Look forward to seeing a final later this week. ;)

katju
05-24-2004, 01:45 PM
I'm so glad you could join us Leslie. As you might have noticed, you're not the only one who couldn't make it on Saturday. I like the graphic quality of your picture. I think it's also good practice for when one paints for real because your eyes gets practice seeing shapes and values...Will look for an update. Mine's not done yet either. :)

Kathy

Chiers
05-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Very nice Leslie! I like this kind of digital illustration art. You do it well. :clap:

Leslie_Ann
05-25-2004, 12:58 AM
Thanks so much everyone. :) I wanted to try sketching in pencil Saturday only to discover my kids had gotten into my supplies! :eek: It's OK because I need the practice and to develop a style for my design portfolio due in about six months.

Deano, that's the good thing about working in vectors.I know what you mean because I have problems drawing a straight line!*LOL*There actually is no bacground to this right now because I saved it as a gif. It's just the shapes Everything is crisp with vector and I can take the orginal file of this and scale it like 300% and it wouldn't be pixelated. But, I'm appreciating the beauty of the digital art in Photoshop and Painter too.

Kathy, that's a good point. Less is more is a philosophy with graphic design, but I've been applying it to some other mediums and it's working for me.

Carol, I love rendering fabrics. What I like about capturing fabrics in art is that you can almost make them breathe and give them life.

Mazie, I hadn't even heard of Illustrator until I went back to school!*LOL*
a good place to view illustrations from pros is Illustrator World (http://www.illustratorworld.com)They have some tutorials and if you post a question the a gallery, the artist will answer. It's not the same ambiance as this site, but it does hold the best of the best. I think I saw some work at deviant art too.

Lorna and drumbeat trish, thanks for the encouragement. It's hard to finish a piece without feedback sometimes!*LOL*

I have to say this really is one of the most welcoming forums I've ever joined. I love the diversity of mediums!!! It's hard to find a good balance between a big talent pool and a place to nuture artists.

xreader
05-25-2004, 02:15 AM
This is a fascinating digital painting. You do show mastery over your medium. :) I too will look forward to the finish. :clap: :clap: :clap:

dabblerdot
05-26-2004, 04:33 AM
What wonderful contouring of the arms and around the planes of the face, using your technique (most of the explanation of which went right over my head since I'm a techno-bozo)lol. This is a really great effect, and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress posts ! :clap:

Charlie's Mum
05-26-2004, 02:44 PM
I like this and didn't realise the style was done in vector layer. Now I'm wondering if I can do that in my PSP8 - can always try! That hand is beautiful! :) :clap: :clap:

stonewhiteclown
05-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Ah, something unique here! Great start, Leslie! I alway thought likes of Illustrator program are very useless regarding art. It's wrong I see :) Looking forward to find finish here!