PDA

View Full Version : WDE 5/22 The barns

Helen
05-23-2004, 11:23 PM
After so many shapes with the hedge hog house I decided to see if I could narrow this one down to just a few shapes... I worked about an hour on this. So far, I like the barns and the foreground. I'm not happy with the trees. I'll probably work on it a bit more tomorrow... after I finish the hedge hog house.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-May-2004/998-WDE5.22_barns.jpg

roslyn
05-23-2004, 11:59 PM
Nice shapes to those buildings. // Roslyn

SwitzerS
05-24-2004, 12:24 AM
Your barns are going to look great. Can't wait to see - I bet you still put lots of detail in this one...lol

Deano
05-24-2004, 10:03 AM
I also like your barns, Helen. The trees and everything else will come together easily for you. Very nice start.

FriendCarol
05-24-2004, 10:50 AM
Looking good! I like the way you simplified by 'joining' parts of the barns (their roofs) into one larger, intricate shape. Look forward to dropping in later this week to admire the final version. :evil:

Isn't it amazing how one little 2-hour WDE can end up taking a whole week of painting time (and more!)? I have 4 currently sitting on my table & easel -- 1 just needs to be rescanned and posted as final (again!), 1 (previous week's) still needs many hours of work, 1 might be done enough or perhaps needs another unifying wash over the dead tree, and then there's this past Saturday's (about which I'm trying to decide if I have the skill to get any further with it in the foreseeable future, after spending some minutes on clean-up work yesterday!).

I hope you finish this one of yours, because it's very, very promising so far.

Drumbeat-trish
05-24-2004, 01:53 PM
Glad someone chose this one . Those barns are looking really great - :)

katju
05-24-2004, 02:01 PM
It looks good, Helen. Bright and sunny...I'm glad someone chose this picture to paint. I'd like to see your other one finished too. It is full of lots of interesting shapes and color.

Kathy

xreader
05-24-2004, 06:44 PM
I chose a slieghtly different crop Helen...but havn't tackled it yet. Like you, I am juggling a couple wip's and hope to get them finished soon. Looking forward to seeing your finish. :D

ams
05-24-2004, 07:18 PM
This is coming along very nicely. I think barns make very interesting paintings. Be sure to post when it is finished.

Anne

dabblerdot
05-25-2004, 02:37 AM
What a terrific fresh, light start ! :clap: I too really like the foreground colours and the barn structures- you've got such a sound start here you can only do great things from this point forward ! I'm looking forward to your progress posting . :)