PDA

View Full Version : Not near done BUT

Luvy
09-18-2001, 09:50 AM
I'm not near done but, Having trouble with the men's faces. Need to redo the skintones on all the people. I don't like the coloring of any of them really. But I have the base Just need to put on their makeup *S* But the man in the hat I'm really having trouble with. Can't get the angle of his hat right either. His face isn't right. He's making me mad. *S* Looks like I'm going to be working on this one a long time. :eek:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Sep-2001/omgc.jpg

jerryW
09-18-2001, 10:04 AM
the little guy in the back is really well done which is a bit of a problem because the rest of the picture is just beginning to gel and in a different direction.
IMHO you have to mess up the whole thing in order to have the freedom to fix it to your liking. it has become quite tight too early.
some shapes like the arms of the foreground woman, and especially the staircase, fight the unity in rest ofthe painting which so far is kind of an abstract with large color masses.
I do so much reccommend what Nathan Reed has been doing with crayon in mixing colors right on the surface. that approach would get you out of any problem you ever had.
your colors are great

Luvy
09-18-2001, 10:54 AM
Jerry I paint wet on wet I mix alot of my colors on the canvas. That's from watching Bob Ross many many years ago The only teacher I've had. But back then Never had the time to do more than watch

You lost me on the tight. And the little guy in the back I don't like. The man in the hat is totally wrong. He has a round face. I found a photo on the net in the towers pictures. I can't get the horror in their faces Especially the man in the hat. It was such a moving photo. But I'm going to work a lot more on trying to get his facial expression right.