PDA

View Full Version : WDE May 22 - Nebraska Skyline

bluepellinore
05-23-2004, 12:23 PM
Hi,

I'm new! This is my first try with oil pastel. It is 6x9" and it took me about 2 hours. I was experimenting a little and trying to get comfortable with the media. Boy, was that sky hard!

purplelizard
05-23-2004, 12:44 PM
:clap: :clap: Welcome! :clap: and great first oil pastel! I especially love the deep reds along the roadside - and your sky turned out very nicely!

You're gonna love WDE's - they're addictive! :D

hopefulbucky
05-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Welcome to WDE, like your painting, nice sky and clouds and love the texture in the fields. Hope to see more of your work.

SwitzerS
05-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Looks like OP's work very well for you - well done.

Drumbeat-trish
05-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Another wonderful sky - it seems the oil pastels like you :D :D well done and a big welcome :)

lorna12
05-23-2004, 02:08 PM
First, Welcome....you're going to love it here!! Then WOWEEE!!! Your first op?? It's great...love those clouds!! I'm new to op's too and this is waaaay better than my first one (or second!)

Great job!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

bogbeast
05-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Welcome--this turned out great!

come on over to the pastels forums, too

Libby

katju
05-23-2004, 02:18 PM
Nice to hear from you bluepellinore!!! So nice to have you joining us....finally!

THIS IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! QUIT BEING SO HARD ON YOURSELF! Actually I'd really like this. I think you owe me for all my paintings hanging on your walls. Oops, cat's outta the bag.:evil: :D

Kathy

Europa
05-23-2004, 05:31 PM
Great!!!

Pat

roslyn
05-23-2004, 05:40 PM
I see that this is your first WC post: Welcome to WC and to the WDEs. They are positively addicting. First time with this medium? You and those OPs obviously did some bonding. The clouds are dreamy, but I'm also loving the colors your put in the field. I did this in graphite, so seeing this in real, living color is a treat.

I think you owe me for all my paintings hanging on your walls. Oops, cat's outta the bag.
And to you, Ms. Katju -- How about all those wonderful paintings you've now gotten of your children! :D

Roslyn

ams
05-23-2004, 06:53 PM
Welcome. WC and WDEs are great.

You did a beautiful job with the oil pastels. I love the sky and the colors in the field.

Glad you joined us.

Anne

xreader
05-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Once again...Welcome! :D It seems you've really got a handle on those op's.
Very nice. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dyin
05-23-2004, 08:39 PM
yikes! your first?? too cool! We have an oil pastel sub forum here yanno... :D It's in the regular Pastel forum, you should come play with us! Welcome to WC...and you really have a way with those oilies! :clap:

bluepellinore
05-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Thanks, dear...you are too kind. Okay, this one's for you, katju :cool:
So much for trying to remain anonymous :cat:

Deano
05-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the WDE. I really like this painting...and your first oil pastel!!! That makes it an even greater achievement. Hope to see a lot more of your work in the future.

katju
05-23-2004, 10:01 PM
I don't think they got it. You're still anonymous. :D

Can't wait to get that painting and hope you join us next week and use those pastels again, please.

Kathy

FriendCarol
05-23-2004, 10:05 PM
Quite a few people did this one, and most (including yours) seem to have a very strong graphic quality to them. Like your sky, too!

cmwynn
05-23-2004, 11:19 PM
I was impressed with the painting even before I saw that it was your first - at least in this medium. And do come back. This is a great place to try out new ventures.
Connie

katju
05-24-2004, 01:55 PM
I don't think anyone's reading all the posts in this thread.

THIS IS MY SISTER who I finally coaxed into joining us this weekend! Isn't she terrific? I'm so proud :D She wanted to be anonymous but I just couldn't do it... :evil:

Kathy

roslyn
05-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Well, I think I'm the one who did the major misunderstanding. And I hope that you saw that my response, ill-informed as it was, was in jest, but my apologies for misreading it. (The subtleties went right over my head. :confused: ) Anyway, artistic talent obviously runs in your family. We have sisters, we have mother-daughter (the Dabblers). So let's raise an OP, a soft pastel, a brush and an HB pencil to the latest family connection here. Cheers!

Roslyn

Chiers
05-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Glad you joined the WDE! And your first OP? Great job :clap: :clap:

Dyin
05-24-2004, 04:26 PM
I wasn't sure...thought maybe mom/daughter but was hesitant to say...welcome to WC and WDE's...great first showing!

katju
05-25-2004, 11:16 AM
Roslyn,
if you read this. It's OK. I didn't think you got it but now it's clear. And she really said she's going to send me her painting. Aren't I lucky???

Sue,
We'll definitely have to encourage her to check out the pastel forum. I may even join you one of these days. You seem like a really fun bunch!

Kathy

Charlie's Mum
05-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Welcome to WDEs! OPs certainly don't look new to you - you've handled them well IMO, - lovely recession in the sky, so WELL DONE YOU ! :clap: :clap:

sundiver
05-25-2004, 01:23 PM
If you haven't yet posted this in the Oil Pastel forum, please do, because it's wonderful, and we want (ok, I want, but not just me :D ) more o.p. landscape painters in there!
What kind of oil pastels do you use?
And, oh, yeah, welcome to the WDEs!

meaghanb123
05-25-2004, 02:42 PM
Hi,

I'm new! This is my first try with oil pastel. It is 6x9" and it took me about 2 hours. I was experimenting a little and trying to get comfortable with the media. Boy, was that sky hard!

You make it look so easy though!

stonewhiteclown
05-26-2004, 01:45 AM
Welcome to WC and WDE! Can you believe we have 14 days baby posting here? Well, almost :D
I'm starting to think WDE is the best place to try out OPs :) Looks like everyone's having success with them here :)
Your is on a BIG side of success, for sure! Very dramatic, rich colours, simply yummy! :clap::clap::clap:
Be sure to visit Oil pastel sudio!

dabblerdot
05-26-2004, 04:25 AM
What a glorious painting for a first OP !! Such rich colour and texture- this is gorgeous !! :clap: :clap: Hope to see you around here each weekend, it's just the very best place to play on weekends ! :) :)

Sharrm
05-29-2004, 04:49 AM
Another wonderful sky - it seems the oil pastels like you :D :D well done and a big welcome :)
I also really like the colors and texture in the fields. Good job. Sharron