PDA

View Full Version : feeling waxed * acrylic

jheinrich
09-17-2001, 09:44 PM
Feeling Waxed acrylic 9" x 12"

#19 of my imagination serials. #20 is drying as I type; I am relieved to be done with this project and return to my models ...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Sep-2001/heinrich_feelingwaxed.jpg

detail is actual size our right eye

comments, crits ???

jeanette*

Ceu
09-17-2001, 09:54 PM
I love the eyes, plus the color, plus the mood.:)

pampe
09-17-2001, 11:05 PM
I really like this, sad to say, I'm not sure I have seen others in this series.

She makes me want to hold her....I am reminded of having a migraine in the Miami airpor at 2 AM on the way to South America......I am sure I held that pose....

Nice work, jeanette

Pam

ejfarrae
09-18-2001, 12:00 AM
i like it j*. nice somber palette. very expressive.
such discipline you have too, sticking out the series to the end.

ZOTMA
09-18-2001, 06:15 AM
great face, a great many possible emotions there
nit; something about the hand, not quite right (me?)
one killer series, thanks for the ride
(what you got models? Share, man!)

jheinrich
09-18-2001, 10:59 AM
ceu: thank you

pampe: I've posted a few others in crit-m ost are too big to fit on my scanner, though ... Should be about two weeks before I update my site with the whole series

ej: this is the painting that would have been #20 if it weren't for the other acting up ... I thought "how did this series make me feel when all is said and done?"

like I can't look away from what I unearthed, and want to.

my husband said, "why bother? you just set the number arbitrarily, who's watching?" but that's me :D

zotma: ah the hand. weird. yes. missing integral darks and overworked is my take. hands are my new focus when I go back to my 'normal' style (whatever that turns out to be :D)

I've got three models lined up (two males! woohoo) and a life drawing open studio starting thursday, I'm excited.

thanks for all your comments!
jeanette*

jerryW
09-18-2001, 11:06 AM
not sure how I missed this amazing meltdown image.

woodblocky and warm colored.

AmyH
09-18-2001, 11:27 AM
nice palette. you enjoy working in series? I remember this ques got posed in debates, sorta. It allows for subtle tweaks and unexpected turns in very familiar territory and I am more and more inclined and convinced it is the way to go (for me).

amy

jheinrich
09-18-2001, 12:09 PM
jerry: just posted it last night ... glad you enjoy ...

amy: I only work in series, for the reason you said, usually keeping a couple going at once to suit my mood swings. This series was a bit different ... the only thread throughout was that it be 100% from my imagination, and that I wouldn't work on anything else till finished.

born from this 20 are two more series that will be ongoing ... self portraits in quasi-anime style and memory paintings. content/style based series- which is how I usually work.

j*