PDA

View Full Version : first contribution

Leslie_Ann
05-23-2004, 03:01 AM
Hi there. I've also posted this in the Illustration section, so a moderator can feel free to delete it if it's unnecessarily redundant. :)
It was done in Adobe Illustrator with the gradient mesh tool. Unfortunately, the resolution doesn't show all the details, but I think you get the feel. I used an image from the great reference library here. :)
I'm also including the illustration in outline mode so you can see the construction. Illustrator is a program I'm learning for my Graphic Design degree. For those artists who use Photoshop but not Illustrator, I mostly use the pen tool which can be found in Photoshop and used to make selections.
Anyways, hope you like it. :)

Michael
05-23-2004, 03:04 AM
Looking good Leslie!!

Black and red is always a good combimation.
Good to see you over here and hope to see more!

flowerfancy58
05-23-2004, 03:17 AM
Very nice, and welcome to this board Leslie:)

gloria

Leslie_Ann
05-23-2004, 03:42 AM
Looking good Leslie!!

Black and red is always a good combimation.
Good to see you over here and hope to see more!

Thanks Michael! I'm not happy with the image quality though. When I get the chance, I'll throw the orginal size up on a web page. There must be a way to improve on the image quality that I haven't learned or forgotten along the way! l*LOL*

Vectors never look as good rasterized anyways. :rolleyes: But I am really fascinated with the use of Photoshop here for art and the methods. I'm learning it mostly for montages, and color corrections. There's some wonderful stuff here. :)

Leslie_Ann
05-23-2004, 03:44 AM
Very nice, and welcome to this board Leslie:)

gloria
Thanks Gloria. It seems this is the section where my work would fit best. :) I'll have to take tomorrow and go through the threads here to get aquainted with everyone's work!

Jet
05-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Thanks Gloria. It seems this is the section where my work would fit best. :) I'll have to take tomorrow and go through the threads here to get aquainted with everyone's work!

Hi leslie Ann...Welcome to WC ..and to the Digital Forum as well.. :clap:

***You are at the right place posting your works here...Digital Art Forum http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

And it looks so good already...as it's so hard to go 'real' in vectors...
..this can be taken into PS and do all the shading and whatever needs to make it look like a real painting, if that'd be the final goal, that is...

Great looks and thanks for the explanation and mesh inclusion.

Regards

Leslie_Ann
05-25-2004, 02:31 AM
Thanks for the feedback Jet. I've just added a link in my sig to better examples of what can be done in Illustrator. The mesh is taking photo-realism to new heights but you were right to catch that I am going for a more painting feel to my work. Unfortunately, the density of mesh means it doesn't print easily in it's best format.I'd have to rasterize it which really negates the purpose for me of working in vectors in the first place.

I know the two can be combined but my logic is to try and adequately master them seperately before looking into bringing them together. Hasn't happenjed yet! *LOL*

I really like what Photoshop can do too! I'll probably have lots of questions in the coming weeks because I'm going to try and do my first art in Photoshop.
I hope it won't make me want to curse aloud like Illustrator does! :eek:

In our class we joke around by personifying the two Adobe programs. Photoshop is the big popular brother everyone loves. He can do anything and will strike up a good relationship with anyone. Everyone's buddy and dream guy. Illustrator(Illy) is his snobby little sister living in his shadow who people try and get close to but just end up getting frustrated and annoyed! But hey..she's sharp. ;)

Don't laugh! Native Indians made animals gods, so it's not weird to make applications people. ;)

themanda
05-25-2004, 01:35 PM
welcome!

i do all of my work in photoshop, so i guess i'm hanging out with the popular football player, huh? :) good analogy. i've never tried to use illustrator, but admire the work of others who do. i do love a good vector, though. so crisp and clean.

i'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

TheAndroid
05-26-2004, 12:52 AM
Uhm did I read the preview image correctly? It looks like one mesh object. Surely, that can't be true! Just placing the points alone would drive me crazy. How did you get the various meshes to intersect so seamlessly?
IllustratorWorld is awesome! There is an example of a Corvette that someone did that is incredible!