PDA

View Full Version : Am I being hateful?

TeAnne
09-17-2001, 09:10 PM
I have to vent this, if it is out of line, please delete it.

I have this image of an Arab (I think she is) woman from the tv, laughing and wiggling her tongue at the camera as she celebrates the death of Americans. I see her every time I close my eyes and it brings tears. I want to grab her by the throat and do un speakable things to her face. I'm sorry but I needed to get this out.

Leaflin
09-17-2001, 09:36 PM
Oh.....(((((((TeAnne)))))))
That sounds like a horrible nightmare.

We all deal with tragedy in different ways.
I said in another thread that I have that feeling you have when you get ready to step out into the street and a car speeds by honking its horn. Scaring the life out of you.
A constant, tingling, burning pain all over feeling.
When I do fall asleep I have nightmares of falling, falling, falling.

Our heads do wierd things to us in our sleep.
I hope your nightmares go away.

Sandi
09-17-2001, 09:39 PM
(((((((((((((Te)))))))))))))) No, not at all horrible to think such things! It's only natural to want to hurt back those who have unfairly attacked us and those who support those who attack us.
It would be wrong to do it ... but not to think it. Not at all. Don't feel bad for your thoughts of fairness and justice. To be honest, there's not a day goes by where I don't feel like doing the same thing to faceless cowards who are so abusive to others. Especially those who are too yellow bellied to talk their problems over in a mature & private way. I guess what I'm saying is, you can't help the 'feelings'. All that you can control are your options on how to deal with the ordeal.
Don't feel bad!!

TeAnne
09-17-2001, 09:40 PM
Linda, it's a real daytime nightmare. It was a real woman on the Tv. Wasn't it broardcasted on your channels?

TeAnne
09-17-2001, 09:44 PM
Thank you for your support Sandi and Linda.
I could never hurt another human being, but yes maybe this woman if I had the guts too. But she is safe from me, she is on American soil (I think, she is a national) and I am here.

Is it nationals that you call non citizans living in America?

Leaflin
09-17-2001, 09:51 PM
How horrible. :(
No I didn't see her.
I think it would make me sick.:(

Gisela
09-17-2001, 10:07 PM
I saw her too TeAnne. I think it was that thing she was doing with her tongue that stuck with me.
I, too, have seen her face over and over in my mind's eye. It's an image that I'd like to forget, that's for certain! :(

((((((TeAnne)))))))

Gisela

Sandi
09-17-2001, 10:36 PM
Like Linda, I haven't seen her either, thank God! I'm sure I'd be as you and Gis and not be able to shake it from my heart.

(((Te))), I know you'd never be able to REALLY do it. I was trying to confirm your good heart by highlighting that your good heart would take different options. The options we take against others usually represent our most inner hearts. The things we 'imagine' doing to them are representative of our most inner hurts.
I tell you one thing though. After having alerted her to her behaviour, I, for one, wouldn't hesitate to slap her across the face and cuss her out and slap and cuss some more and tell her just what I think of her in all certain terms, if she continued to assault/insult!! I COULD kill her, but I wouldn't. Is that wrong? I don't think so. She stuck out her tongue in rude, obnoxious and belittling attitude. She had options. She didn't take them. It's not my fault there are consequences to her behaviour.
Gosh darn! I'm riled up and I haven't even seen the b****!! I can't even imagine what you're going through!!

jenrou
09-18-2001, 01:41 AM
Teanne and others, I understand, believe me! I too have bad "nightmares," awake and asleep, not of this attack (yet, because I can't sleep!) but another type of terror from years ago. When I am worried about something else or even getting sick, it comes back. It's called Post Traumatic Distress Syndrome (I always get it backwards, but you know what I mean.)
The writing in the Daily sheets like the artist's way helps. I've done that for years, before I'd even heard of The Artist's Way. It is a very good therapy. Just write everything down for yourself, anytime.

Was this person in America? If she was, I imagine she is answering a lot of questions by law enforcement/government agents right now. She, by being rude and obscene, even on TV, was causing many of her own innocent people to be suspected or distrusted, in a time like this.

The nightmare situation does get better with time, so you will get better. Think of that, and if you pray, then pray. It is good to talk it out, but I have been guilty of watching the buildings blow up on TV, every 3 seconds since it happened. That's not good.. Wetcanvas has been good in that we can talk about it. We may not be able to let all of our anger out, but it still helps.

God Bless you, and I hope you are better soon.:(

jenrou
09-18-2001, 01:47 AM
LOL, Sandi. You sound like me, and I'm not sure that is good! I could do some serious stomping right now, myself!! Good thing we have a good President who will think things through and then take care of things. I have no doubt.:D

Ivyleaf
09-18-2001, 02:08 AM
You are not being hateful TeAnne, if anything it sounds like a lot of folks, angry, upset, hurt, and just plain mad at the whole situation. I did not see the clip of film in question, but I have seen others...the one that haunts me the most was the film clip of children, yes children celebrating this catastrophe. I saw it with my own two eyes on television and cannot get that picture out of my head...

As I said in another thread, I am still trying to get my thoughts out on this whole thing, I don't mean to offend anyone at all with my replies and/or lack of them...

paintfool
09-18-2001, 02:57 AM
I saw the footage too T. It was pure hatred in it's finest form. Yes it was disturbing and yes it made me very angry. You are a human being and it's very normal to be so disturbed while viewing that truly ugly image. If anyone, ever managed to capture hatred on film it was that. The first thought that i had when seeing it was pretty much what we've talked about... rage. But if you really think about it, we need to pity her. She obviously is a woman living in an under privilaged environment. She has no exposure to the truth of what freedom and free thought is. She has been fed propoganda againts the US for her entire life (Which appeared to be quite long). She has been born into a society which promotes hatred and forbids individuals from free thinking. While the images of her wagging her tounge were painful to us under the circumstances, we have to take a look at the fact that she is very much a victim in this hate driven regiem. If that very same woman were born into our society she would be crying. This sort of thing makes it easy to hate but we should be thinking more about pity. For Her. For Others that are bound to grow into her.
Let Freedom Ring.
Cheryl

wendee
09-18-2001, 04:17 AM
Hugs Teanne.....I had the same reaction than you did when I first seen it and it also sticks in my mind...I too felt like punching the S*** out of her...and Iam a very nice person usually..but that did enrage me.....Maybe she pushed a few buttons in me as I was ONCE married to an Arab..and I do know what a lot of them are like....thank heavens I divorced him many years ago after a lot of broken bones.......OK I better stop now .....otherwise........

Hugs to you I do Know how you feel......:mad: :mad: :mad:

Rod
09-18-2001, 06:33 AM
Its quite understandable TeAnne, a natural reaction when someone shows you that much hate.
As Cheryl said the woman was probably filled with false information that made her feel that way.
They say every cloud has a silver lining, the world will now unite and fight terrorism. Your president will check all the facts thoroughly before he makes a descision,
May the young ones end up with a better world,
Rod.

Gisele
09-18-2001, 08:19 AM
TeAnne, I saw that footage and the one with the kids celebrating. My first feelings when I saw this was shame and deep sadness. The words from Jesus came back in a flash when He said "Forgive them Father for they don't know what they're doing."
I felt deep shame because I've always felt so attracted to the near and middle East culture. I've bellydanced many years and I've made paintings of them also. It felt like it was my "own" family rejoicing there...very sad indeed. Didn't want to be associated with any of it.
I read somewhere that ignorance is a sin...when you know that those fanatical groups are being taught from a very early age that fanatism is their way of life; only they don't call it fanatism. We must keep in mind that these fanatics are a minority and that most people of the near east and middle east culture are shocked by this past week's events.
TeAnne, don't keep your anger in. It's a good thing you started this thread.
Gisele

lori
09-18-2001, 08:50 AM
te anne...

i didn't see the image that you speak of, but i can understand your anger. i agree with others posts that it is healthy to let these feelings out. i also agree that you are suffering from post tramatic syndrome. this is normal given these circumstances. its also important to deal with these images. you must let them out because they will eat away at you...

the suggestion of writing is a very good one, another very good thing to do is to EXERCISE when you are having these visions. i don't know how obsessive they are becoming, or if they have subsided, but the point is that you have to DEAL with them. exercise is good as an outlet of energy. if you focus your negative energy while exercising...even walking...you can help to aleviate this problem. also keep in mind that if you start to feel fearful that you are even having these images, than they will build on themselves. remember...they are ONLY THOUGHTS and natural given this situation.

relax, accept, find an outlet...whatever you chose, and heal your fears and anger.

pax.lori

Karen Cardinal
09-18-2001, 09:27 AM
I realize exactly what you mean TeAnne.

When I first saw the videos that came from a small country in the Middle East, I was every bit as shocked as I was watching the skyline of New York disapear behind a choking cloud of destruction.

I couldn't imagine how anyone could run through the streets smiling , dancing and singing praises to Allah (that was the tongue wiggle) for bringing down such brutality upon their enemy.

We have long known that we (the US) have been considered the enemy of much of the Middle East and at times certain countries have hated us more than others.
As an ordinary person watching the news reports on tv, I had always seen this conflict as a political battle. (How many times, for how many years have we been holding Middle East peace talks?)

Whenever we had one side win a battle against the other it was the leaders who went on tv and told us how we "pushed the enemy back and drew a line in the sand".

I guess I was niave about what was really going on.

TeAnne, when I saw the children dancing and the women singing over the death of inocent people, I was furious. I told my husband that we didn't need to track down our enemy, they were broadcasting on tv. We already knew where to drop the bomb. My husband was too stunned at the time to disagree.

If you wanted to see rage, anger and complete madness... that was me that night.

Then I saw a little old man that I bearly recognized appear on tv. His hands were shaking, his voice was week, and his eyes were full of anguish and fear. He made a speech to the American people to express his shock and repugnation against these attacks, but the two words he spoke that I will never forget is "I'm afraid".

I would have dismissed his comments as a load of crap knowing that this man was the one who used to give me nightmares in the 70's when his followers hijacked airplanes to demand money, weapons and airtime to spout thier world views and when their demands weren't met they would kill passengers just to let us know they were serious.

I would have dismissed his speech, but when I saw the look in his eyes I realized it wasn't a retalitory strike from the US that he was afraid of....
Most of our "enemies" have said the same thing, that we want the US to get out of our lives, and take their unholsome attitudes with them, but to strike against innocent civilians, to cause mass destruction, and to dance in the street is unbelivable and repugnant.

TeAnne I wouldn't feel bad for your anger, there are very few people on the face of the earth who didn't feel anger as well.

Let us just hope that when it is time for us to win our war, we remember what gave us that empty feeling in the pit of our stomaches, and let us not dance over the death of our enemies.

--- end of diatribe ---

pixelscapes
09-18-2001, 12:08 PM
TeAnne, I totally understand your reaction to that ugly image. You must see her face and her actions as symbolic of everybody that hates the US.

At the same time, though, remember that it is a symbol your mind is using, a symbol for a larger problem of hate. It's only natural to hate what you see as the embodiment of hatred. The thing is, we don't know ANYthing about that woman as an individual, what she has or hasn't been taught in her life, what loved ones she may have already lost, why she apparently blames us for bad things in her life.

The thing is, there's plenty of totally innocent civilian people out there who have died and the US has been blamed (in some cases rightly, in some cases not), and particularly in the Middle East. That particular woman might have what FEELS like a very good reason to be happy about the terrorism (even though terrorism is never justified). Who knows. It's awful either way.

You DON'T have to agree with her feelings. Just remember that they're there, and that to her, for whatever reason, they feel justified. That fact, in and of itself, is a terrible tragedy -- that there are people who can and do feel that way.

Please, just try to remember that hating people is the whole cause of everything here... Try to focus on positive things you can do, healing things.

I am TOTALLY sympathetic for all the Americans who have been hurt mentally and physically for these attacks. I am. And I would love it if we could catch or kill bin Laden's entire organization. I would love it if the Taliban fell from power, too, because they were horrifically cruel even before this all happened. There's women in Afghanistan who've been begging openly for the U.N. to do something to help them, and those women have been dying on a daily basis as a direct result of their ignored pleas.

Even so, it looks like this is going to turn into a total war, and quite probably spin out of control. I really worry that this will just maximize the overall damage in the long run, both in terms of casualties and in terms of hatred.

I mean, won't Americans be cheering and hollering in the streets when we bomb Afghanistan? Even if we try to only target military installations this time, are those cheering going to keep in mind, "Too bad hundreds of thousands of uninvolved civilians still died"?

And so these US-resenting countries, who feel stomped on already (justly or not), will get to see us cheering on TV because we think we got revenge. Is that going to decrease terrorism?

Someday, somewhere in Afghanistan will be a crying person who says, "My friends and family died, and they never did anything to hurt anybody, and I saw that horrible American woman cheering on television! How could she do that??". And then she'll have nightmares.

There are plenty of totally innocent victims who WILL die, or will lose loved ones -- we shouldn't forget them just because they're not living here. The vast majority of Afghans (for example) are innocent people that don't yet hate the US, that are merely unfortunate enough to live in a country whose government has basically screwed them over... and now, some will die, and many of the rest are going to end up hating us. And perhaps, even terrorizing us.

Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT trying to claim that it's okay for people to hate America. All I'm trying to say is, try not to focus your hate on innocent people like that woman did and like the terrorists did. (make sense?)

I just wish there was a better way to make the whole world hostile to terrorists, than to beat various countries into cooperating with our anti-terrorism efforts. I sure can't think of a better way.

Sorry to take off on a rant, but, well, I'm a longwinded person...

To get back directly on topic, I really worry for all of you who are or will be having nightmares... I truly hope you can heal yourselves or get some healing help from friends or professionals... if there's anything any of us here can do, just say the word.

-=- Jen

diphascon
09-18-2001, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by pixelscapes
- something longer -

pixelscapes,

Im positively and deeply impressed.

martin

MissMouse
09-18-2001, 12:46 PM
O'dear Te I am so sorry you are having this dream. Could you some how draw her than do what ever it takes to destroy her, the drawing. It might help you.

As for myself - I hope and pray that we do not dance and cheer in the street when revenge is taken. It will be a sad day in this mouses heart when more innocent lives are taken. I pray that our leaders will take the patient approach as our enemy did.

OK enough said the preacher must go back into that part of the brain.
The militant extremist is taking over - Go in there and Kick butt - flatten the place.....

I feel like a cartoon with the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other......

HELP.......

paintfool
09-18-2001, 12:55 PM
Thanks jen. Thats the point i was trying to make. The images of people celebrating are horrible and i was shocked at them as anyone but we can only imagine the evil that inspired them. That woman and those children did not wake up one morning and decide to hate us. Those feelings were planted in them, pounded into them. The real war is not going to be with the country/countries invloved, it's not even going to be with the terrorists. It's going to be a war against hatred. These things will go on until we can root out the hatred and fix it. God help the children.
Teanne, Loris' advice to excercise is really good. It can help. I jog or take a good brisk walk to relieve tension. That actually sounds like a good idea right now. :)
Cheryl

TeAnne
09-18-2001, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by leaflin
How horrible. :(
No I didn't see her.
I think it would make me sick.:( Linda, sorry I didn't get back to you. I was booted as I was replying. (Maybe a good thing, because I was so upset) Yes, she turned my stomach and I was filled with hate instantly for this woman. The children with her also appalled me. :(

TeAnne
09-18-2001, 05:30 PM

To get back directly on topic, I really worry for all of you who are or will be having nightmares... I truly hope you can heal yourselves or get some healing help from friends or professionals... if there's anything any of us here can do, just say the word.

-=- Jen You just did help, thank you Jen
Thank you everyone here. HUGZ and love.

TeAnne
09-18-2001, 05:50 PM
I'm not a religious fanitic but I am a God fearing person. A baptised Catholic and brought up to 'Love thy neighbour', 'Thou shalt not kill' but to 'Do unto others as they would do unto you' and 'An eye for any eye'
I do understand that this woman has been brain washed by her culture and the children are being brought up that way too.
Is their 'Alla' a cruel god? I must be very niave. I just don't understand why/how an other human can hurt/kill another human and rejoice. :( When our countries finally go to war ( I pray they don't) I have promised myself, I won't lower myself to her standard and rejoice. There will be much sadness/regret all around by God fearing people. I hope that our God will forgive all of us and them.
As a poet/artist, I should be able to cleanse myself of all of this but I still feel numb. Thanks to everyone here. You make me feel less alone. I love you WetCanvas Family.

nick
09-18-2001, 06:05 PM
Don't feel guilt for your anger TeAnne. Anger is the first step on the road to recovery. We all have to feel it, to acknowledge it and accept that it is a natural feeling aroused in us at the sight of evil. What you do with your anger is what distinguishes you from that woman. She chooses to vent hers in hatred. You have chosen compassion and the struggle to understand and even forgive. Your internal struggle and the attempt to understand is the seed of healing within you.

TeAnne
09-18-2001, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by nick
Don't feel guilt for your anger TeAnne. Anger is the first step on the road to recovery. We all have to feel it, to acknowledge it and accept that it is a natural feeling aroused in us at the sight of evil. What you do with your anger is what distinguishes you from that woman. She chooses to vent hers in hatred. You have chosen compassion and the struggle to understand and even forgive. Your internal struggle and the attempt to understand is the seed of healing within you. Hello Nick, thank you. You really have a nice way of putting things.

auntie_chaos
09-18-2001, 07:13 PM
Jen ... you took the words out of my mouth. I've wanted to say the same thing but didn't quite know how to say it and get the message across. Thanks.
---------------
auntie_chaos (AKA Cheryl)

pixelscapes
09-18-2001, 08:04 PM
When in doubt, ramble at length. ;)

The Incredible Hulk could summarize my views more concisely: "Hate bad! Helping good! Healing good!"

TeAnne, Nick's right (so are the other supportive posters, for that matter). It really is only natural, and your willingness to analyze yourself in this regard -- "am I being hateful?" -- is key to healing as best you can. I know that looking at yourself in that way must be painful, to doubt your own motivations like that... but, it's all about understanding yourself.

A lot of people are trying to cope. Unfortunately some of them are taking refuge in sweeping demands for violence against whole cultures -- smothering their own sense of conscience and responsibility by diving into the too-easy "Yeah, let's just kill 'em all!" mentality. Theirs will be a much longer road to recovery than your own, I think.

Hang in there, babe. How's your husband doing? Have you been able to talk with him about this (I hope?)

-=- Jen

TeAnne
09-18-2001, 08:18 PM
When in doubt, ramble at length. ;)

Hang in there, babe. How's your husband doing? Have you been able to talk with him about this (I hope?)

-=- Jen
Thank you Jen ((((((hugz)))))))
Daryl is a thinker mostly, it is really hard to get a response from him. I think he has a hard time expressing himself. I know he feels very sad too about what has happened. He did say "bitch" though when he saw the woman. :crying: He knows how I feel about her but can only hug me.

pixelscapes
09-18-2001, 08:31 PM
My husband is the same way, but he expresses himself in other ways. And hey, hugging counts for a lot. Lots of virtual friends here on WC have been wishing they could hug each other.

Also, I've rethought my sentence "When in doubt, ramble at length" and I would like to add the corollary, "As you can see, I am often in doubt." ;)

-=- Jen

TeAnne
09-18-2001, 08:51 PM
My husband is the same way, but he expresses himself in other ways. And hey, hugging counts for a lot. Lots of virtual friends here on WC have been wishing they could hug each other.

Also, I've rethought my sentence "When in doubt, ramble at length" and I would like to add the corollary, "As you can see, I am often in doubt." ;)

-=- Jen Now you have done it :crying: :) :):p

T-Rex
09-18-2001, 11:54 PM
Hi Teanne.....saw the footage, no teeth and tongue wiggling, I fully agree w/ everyone's explanations of why she is what she is, how the kids surround the adults to perpetuate the insanity,

No nightmares here, plenty of turn the other cheek and understanding....

But she and her brainwashed comrades, as sick as they are, not only have committed the most heinous of crimes, she is one of the enemy who condone atrocities that are unspeakable. She need to be rooted out, and at the mininmum detained until her brains can be rinsed thouroughly, if possible.

That image rings over and over as do the heroic deeds only a fraction of which have been relayed. When I saw her image, and when I think of it, I am brought to nausea......She is our enemy, and the enemy of the next round of bravery will shall see, and I would prefer to have my hands around her throat. I know I can take her.

Make no mistake about it, I am furious, want all judicial avenues to procede, and want the terrorists still amongst us, right here in my neighborhood!......to be thrown out into the streets of New York, no sissy secret suicide bombs, and let the New Yorkers have they're way w/ 'em.

I shall continue to fly the flag, and its a huge one, in no way am I not going to fervently support all and everything Bush, Cheney, Powell and Rumsfeld deem neccessary - as I heard today, we have the ALL STARS.......and I have complete faith in men outta Fort Bragg and elsewhere, those zealots underestimate the strength, training and intelligence, and patience of our country.......they forget to recognize the Operative word, its not USA or America its UNITED States of America, WE DON'T PLAY and when the time is to our best interests, let's rearrange a little real estate in whatever country not complying, w/ diplomatic measures exhausted of course and in the name of justice, but we must have this level of intense desire for retribution, a burning desire , even anger, so we don't forget 9/11 and have the mental intensity needed to accomplish our mission.........Karen

wendee
09-19-2001, 03:15 AM
We have to learn forgiveness..Its hard but if we dont there will only be Hate....
I was shocked as I said before when I saw It on the tv...but...maybe if we walked in her shoes..we might feel the same as her.....
There hate is so strong....Our love is much stronger....

I also hope there is no war...but if there is I certainly will not be dancing in the street....Lives are precious..and too many have been lost already needlessly....HUGS..

someone said in an earlier post..
Forgive them Father for they know not what they do,,,,

Kandiman
09-19-2001, 04:31 PM
I understand how you feel TeAnne!
I saw the images of the kids in the Middle East rejoicing over what happened, and I wanted to go over and give them all a sound spanking! Then I realized that they're only doing what they've been taught - to hate. :crying:
I hope and pray that we are not teaching our children the same thing - I've heard on the news that there have been a lot of vandalism, etc. against Islamic temples, etc.
I'm not saying nothing should be done about this, but I worry about making blanket attacks on some of these areas. My dad works in Yemen, and I know there are many innocent people in all the Middle Eastern countries.
I agree with what Wendee said above, but I also know how hard love and forgiveness can be.
Anyways... it appears I'm taking lessons from Jen here, so I'll stop!
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I've rethought my sentence "When in doubt, ramble at length" and I would like to add the corollary, "As you can see, I am often in doubt."

-=- Jen

I hope you can work through this TeAnne!

TeAnne
09-19-2001, 06:20 PM
Please forgive my selfishness family, here you all are needing comfort and love and your giving your support to me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

(((((T-Rex)))))) I know what you are saying and all I can do is show you hugz.

Linda Boebinger
09-19-2001, 08:12 PM
As I read through these posts, one of the things that struck me was that this woman and others like her may be unwittingly unleashing the kinds of bigoted attacks we've heard about against Islamic peoples and institutions in the states. I've always believed that you get back 3fold what you release ... another way of saying "what goes around comes around". I certainly do not condone these attacks, any more than I condone the attack on the 11th. The people who planned and carried out this horror are no more followers of Allah than David Koresh was a follower of Christ. It is truly embarassing for me, as an American, that my countrymen and women are lashing out in such blind anger and hate against innocent people. However, a part of me understands their anger and their need to find someone, anyone, who "caused" this tragedy. I cannot find it in my to forgive this woman's behavior just yet, any more than I can forgive those Palestinians who we saw dancing in the streets shortly afer the attack, or those who planned and executed it. Maybe it's just too early and my heart is still too fractured.

TeAnne
09-19-2001, 08:20 PM
Linda, ((((hugz))))) we all feel the pain and we all need time to heal worldwide. I feel hate and anger towards these people but at the same time, love and compassion for the victims families/friends and my family here @ WC. I think we are still going thru the stunned period, also waiting for the other shoe to drop. This is a horrible thing to say but thats how the atmosphere around me is like. I pray it never happens again. :(

T-Rex
09-19-2001, 08:30 PM
Linda.........I am confused as to what woman you are referring to? A WC member or the misguided middle-eastern woman we all saw on the broadcasts?

Just in case it was a WC member.......don't make assumptions or generalizations when one verbalizes how they feel toward the situation while maintaining above and beyond the equality of all American citizens......anger at seeing some footage on TV does not translate into racial-profiling in our great nation, nor does having anger forIdentified terrorists identified by the FBI (some of which we've found out are right around the block from us) translate into prejudice or profiling......criminals, we are dealing w/ criminals, not a religion, or an ethnic background , I personally pride myself in not being judgemental, aware of prejudices and bias.....please don't misinterpret......Do you forget we are at war? The enemy is not our own citizens, and more than likely not the majority of citizens in other nations, we search for scorpions and the holes they crawl out of.

pixelscapes
09-19-2001, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by TeAnne
Please forgive my selfishness family, here you all are needing comfort and love and your giving your support to me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
This is helping everybody, TeAnne, not just you. Lots of people have similar emotional issues thanks to all of this... so... here we are, right?

-=- Jen

TeAnne
09-19-2001, 08:37 PM

This is helping everybody, TeAnne, not just you. Lots of people have similar emotional issues thanks to all of this... so... here we are, right?

-=- Jen Right. :) I have to admit, I am feeling a little better thanks to everyone. ((((((For All)))))

Linda Boebinger
09-19-2001, 09:30 PM
No T-Rex....of course I was not referrig to any WC member, but rather the woman in the film footage. Sorry if my remarks were ambiguous.

T-Rex
09-19-2001, 10:01 PM
Thanks Linda.......hope I didn't offend, appreciate your reply......Karen

Astur
09-20-2001, 12:31 PM
Hi everybody:

I just have read this tread. Tee, I feel exactly the same way than you when saw the palestinian woman, then you must not feel bad. Unfortunatly, here in Spain we had have the same experience after some terrorist attack (joy about dead). After anger,I only can say "they don't know what they do". I think there are another kind of victims, they have only hate to live.

And I think live is horrible if you only can have hate...

Then, we must go against terrorists, we must do freedown defence,.. but, we must love, we must work, we must paint...

I hope all of us can find early the way to continuos living .

See you

TeAnne
09-20-2001, 06:07 PM
Yes Hector, it is so true, I see the other side of the coin. Some people no nothing else but hate. I'm glad I was never brought up that way. Thank you for your support :)