PDA

View Full Version : Old Ethiopian Man

Andrew Rance
05-22-2004, 09:04 PM
I'm still experimenting with this medium - see it mainly as a way of working out a subject before doing a traditional painting. I've included the reference pic for comparison (image courtesy of the World Health Organisation - P.Virot).

JCoop
05-22-2004, 09:10 PM
I'm still experimenting with this medium - see it mainly as a way of working out a subject before doing a traditional painting.
Hi Andrew. Great post! Interesting that you use digital as a means to a traditional end... I know that many artist probably take this approach. But, your are becoming so proficient at it, don't be surprised if it becomes a means to its own end.

Michael
05-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Andrew,

Absolutely stunning work here. I think that if you do more and more of this you will find that you have another style to work and keep as originals. Very well done!

flowerfancy58
05-23-2004, 03:20 AM
Well done Andrew! Hands are particularly hard to do, but you have captured them perfectly.

gloria:)

Cronious
05-23-2004, 06:36 AM
Andrew, this is great.

Which program are you using?

This is a great painting on its own. I love the way you have painted the skin tones.

Andrew Rance
05-23-2004, 08:55 AM
Thanks all (and congratulations, Joel, on your new elevated status in WC - its well deserved!). This was done using Corel Painter Classic and a Wacom tablet.

Jet
05-23-2004, 02:16 PM
WOW Andrew !!
This is a real masterpiece !!

You'll do great in traditional arts, but you'll come back to digital all the time . i'm sure !!

Regards

Ceu
05-24-2004, 02:09 AM
Great job, and if this is the just a practice to what you really want to do. I will say that you will be a master of and whatever medium that you choose.
:)

justjean
05-24-2004, 02:51 PM
Wonderful work and the hands and skin are perfect :clap: :clap:

Chiers
05-24-2004, 03:54 PM
Andrew this is beautifully done!! :clap: :clap: :clap: In my opinion you are now past the experimental stage with digital art.

Your subject is one that just begs to be painted! This is the kind of face that I can't resist and you have done it so well! I hope you let us know when you have done it in traditonal medium. Are you doing it in oil? I can hardly wait to see it.

Andrew Rance
05-24-2004, 05:01 PM
Thanks, guys and gals for all your encouraging comments. I'm going to start an oil version of this in the next few days, and will post the result (good or bad!) when its done.

Aibrean
05-25-2004, 12:50 PM
very nice work..it's detailed and not at the same time lol. :clap: :clap: