PDA

View Full Version : WDE 5-22 gone fishin'

hopefulbucky
05-22-2004, 07:41 PM
Well have learned a few things here. First, it is not finished but didn't want to rush and mess up more. Second, this is 8x10 140# cold press, WC not large enough paper, much harder to do anything, washes, shadows etc.

Here it is so far

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2004/21041-fishin.jpg

FriendCarol
05-22-2004, 07:49 PM
The shadows on their jeans look great, and you certainly captured their attitude on this outing!

Drumbeat-trish
05-22-2004, 07:56 PM
Be nice to see this finished . I agree you have captured the figures well

Dyin
05-22-2004, 07:59 PM
looks like you have a really good start on this...watercolor scares me!!! :p WDE's are really great for learning stuff, will watch for the finish!

Yokovich
05-22-2004, 08:19 PM
hopefulb you are doing a wonderful job here and congratulations on not hurrying and fouling it up--I think it is going to be splenid!! will wait for the final with :) anticipation!

katju
05-22-2004, 08:22 PM
I can relate to the size problem. i always wonder how other people can paint these fantastic pictures on teeny tiny sheets of paper :confused: But you've got the whole figures. I usually cut off part of the body like in my painting today I couldn't fit the feet in. You've got great shadows going which gives the figures and the landscape lots of depth.

Kathy ;)

SwitzerS
05-22-2004, 09:56 PM
I like your start for sure - will be waiting to see your finish..

ctmobitz
05-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Like this one very much....can not wait to see it finished....Keep up the good work....

Claude

hopefulbucky
05-22-2004, 11:28 PM
OK, did the best I could to finish this. Took about another hour to do so. Learned a lot which was the whole point, wanted to learn about people and am learning but sure have a lot to learn.

Here it is.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2004/21041-fishin2.jpg

Dyin
05-23-2004, 12:10 AM
this came out great! :clap: I don't do wc so don't know how you are on the learning curve, but I think if you wanted to learn about people you're well on your way. I love how the little girl is taking baby steps next to daddy's big steps!

stoney
05-23-2004, 12:25 AM
Well have learned a few things here. First, it is not finished but didn't want to rush and mess up more. Second, this is 8x10 140# cold press, WC not large enough paper, much harder to do anything, washes, shadows etc.

Here it is so far

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2004/21041-fishin.jpg

Looking good! :clap: :clap:

stoney
05-23-2004, 12:32 AM
OK, did the best I could to finish this. Took about another hour to do so. Learned a lot which was the whole point, wanted to learn about people and am learning but sure have a lot to learn.

Here it is.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2004/21041-fishin2.jpg

WHISTLES!

purplelizard
05-23-2004, 12:47 AM
My first look - WOW! watercolor AND on small paper! Such bravery! Watercolor scares me and small paper scares me even more! Gold stars for you - this is gorgeous! Love the shadows on the clothing, the personality that comes through in the posture of the people!

awesome job! :clap: :clap:

Deano
05-23-2004, 01:53 AM
Good job on the waterclour, Judy. You have a nice range of values. The figures are done great, including the shading on the clothing.

ams
05-23-2004, 08:45 AM
Beautiful job. You captured the people and the feeling of the scene. I like how you handled the fabric of the clothes. You have nice shadows of the people as well.

Anne

ctmobitz
05-23-2004, 09:01 AM
Judy,

Certainly did a great job with this painting. Have done watercolors years ago and want to get them brushes wet again. Hope to this Summer while on vacation for 2 weeks in July.

There is one little thing that bothers me and that is the area of "Dad's" neck ....there seems to be no definition between his neck and the background, however, it cold me my eyes.....just a little comment

Keep up the great work...

Claude

Precious Mazie
05-23-2004, 09:25 AM
Couldn't stick around last night as WDE's run into supper time here. So this is the first time I saw this. You did a great job and I envy your use of color. Glad you finished this!

cmwynn
05-23-2004, 03:16 PM
The figures here are rendered so well. I do watercolor and appreciate how hard it is to do washes - so simple and so elusive.
Connie

Chiers
05-23-2004, 04:15 PM
I think you have done a very good job with this. I couldn't even come close with wc.

roslyn
05-23-2004, 05:12 PM
You've done a wonderful job of capturing that "father daughter" look. I can look at your painting and imagine the two of them continuing their walk, with her little steps -- she'll probably add a hop and a skip -- next to his more measured ones. Love the shadows you've put on their clothes, plus the cast shadows.

Roslyn

xreader
05-23-2004, 07:53 PM
Very enchanting piece...Congratulations. Your experiment was a great success! :clap: :clap: :clap:

watercolorbill
05-24-2004, 06:55 AM
Beautiful job Judy. The figures are rendered so well on a very difficult subject :clap: :clap: :clap:

guilliame
05-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Hey hopefulbucky,i just dont know how you could do something like this sooo goood in watercolour :clap: the figures are really well done so i hope to see you painting some more soon.
Years ago i tried wc too much water too much colour and couldn't control anything it was either a soggy mess or a lucky accident,anyway i am going to gatecrash a wc get together in kinton uk in september and hopelully watch and learn maybe even try one :D

hopefulbucky
05-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Guilliame, you flatter me. I really am only learning and I saw yours and was totally discouraged went from a high of "that's not so bad" to "wow look at that one" LOL I have to remember where I was one year ago. It will be fun to meet you in Sept. in Kington. I am so looking forward to it. We will be there from the 17th through the 22nd.

dabblerdot
05-25-2004, 02:42 AM
Wow, the body contours and body language here are fantastic ! There's weight, movement, a whole story going on. You better be pleased with this one because its a real beauty ! :clap: :clap:

Charlie's Mum
05-25-2004, 05:42 PM
I like the relationship between the figures - and the shadows link well. Keep up the good work! :D