PDA

View Full Version : WDE - 22 May - Playing Piano

Andrew Rance
05-22-2004, 07:20 PM
Gave up on this, then opened a bottle of wine, had a bath, and started again! Can't say I'm happy with it, though - think I bit off a bit more than I could chew!

Precious Mazie
05-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Your painting looks three dimentional! :clap: Great job and love the background.

lorna12
05-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Wonderful job on these kids, Andrew. Is it oils? What size?

purplelizard
05-22-2004, 07:26 PM
(chuckle :p ) you should have posted a "before the wine", and an "after the wine" - tee hee.....

Wow...this is wonderful...photographic feel to it, but a little surreal, too. The swirling background gives it a dream-like quality. Could you provide the details....media, support, size, etc.

good job! (any wine left :D ??)

FriendCarol
05-22-2004, 07:36 PM
You've done the reference photo I chose, too (but I cropped it). I like yours much better, especially the hair, and the modeling of the hands!

Drumbeat-trish
05-22-2004, 07:40 PM
Glad you didn't give up completely -this looks lovely - I agree the background really suits the mood :) quite a challenge

katju
05-22-2004, 07:58 PM
It's always good to stretch ourselves, right? Is it a digital drawing? You've got the likenesses. This is my daughter and cousin's daughter a few years ago.

Kathy

Dyin
05-22-2004, 08:22 PM
wow...what a lot to get done in 2 hours!!! I think you can chew this just fine...I really hope you finish it, will be a stunner. I can't believe how well that broad side of the piano gives it dimension...taking notes... :D

Yokovich
05-22-2004, 08:25 PM
well however you have done this--under the influence--& digitally?? however----it is very well done and appealing!!! a fine sense of musicality :)

hopefulbucky
05-22-2004, 08:53 PM
Andrew, don't know what medium you used but I really like it. Particularly like the little girl in the background. Very well done.

SwitzerS
05-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Neat - looks like a filter over the lens making it dreamy.

adamjw
05-23-2004, 12:09 AM
I almost like this better then the photo because of it's dreamy quality.
The paint/digital strokes really add something to the image and since I don't
know the people in it, it now draws my attention. It looks finished to me.
I wonder what it looks like to people who didn't see the photo first...
???

stoney
05-23-2004, 12:36 AM
Gave up on this, then opened a bottle of wine, had a bath, and started again! Can't say I'm happy with it, though - think I bit off a bit more than I could chew!

More than you could chew? Hefty disagreement. Looks like with a smidgeon of tweaking you'll have it nailed.

Andrew Rance
05-23-2004, 08:03 AM
Thanks all - forgot to mention this is digital (Corel Painter Classic and a Wacom graphics tablet). The wine helped, but I think I'll stick to the simpler ones in future!

Deano
05-23-2004, 10:37 AM
Enjoyed your WDE entry, Andrew. I know nothing about digi painting, but you have created a nice picture.
P.S. Now if you want to talk about wine drinking, there's something I know a little about. Lol. :p

cmwynn
05-23-2004, 03:27 PM
This is REAL digital painting. I did a quick sketch, very primitive after seeing how good it can be. Both girls have personality here and the bg helps put them is the picture.
Connie

dabblerdot
05-23-2004, 04:31 PM
First, congratulations on your great choice of subject (ok, I chose the same one too :D ) and you've certainly done wonderful things with it ! The little girls are so true to the reference photo, and I really like your balance of light and dark. Great job !! :clap:

roslyn
05-23-2004, 04:42 PM
First off, I don't think the frowny face you posted with this is justified. Don't know how digital is done (Like Deano, I know how the wine-drinking works, though. ;) ) Don't remember what the original background was, but your bringing in the same brown of the piano really works. This is the 2d digi pic I'm seeing in about 4 minutes. Now I really have to head over to that thread to see what this is about.

Roslyn

xreader
05-23-2004, 08:19 PM
Very nice digital painting :D :clap: :clap: :clap: