PDA

View Full Version : WDE May 22 - Fire Hydrant Boy

katju
05-22-2004, 06:06 PM
This Boy is actually my 3 year old son, Dylan. I took this at the zoo a couple weeks ago. He's got kind of an impish grin. He has so many expressions. Anyway, I think he looks a little cross-eyed right now. Something isn't right with the eyes, but i'll work on him. This is w/c 12x16 about 1 1/2 hours so far.

Kathy

purplelizard
05-22-2004, 06:31 PM
You've definitely captured the "impish-ness"! What a cutie! Can't wait to see it finished!

pjo
05-22-2004, 06:43 PM
Very good start to this. I love the way you've captured his personality. I was drawn to this photo too, his look reminds me of my son when he was young.

lorna12
05-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Cute little guy! This is one I saved to do later (Thanks Kathy)

You've got a great start, can't wait to see the finish!

Precious Mazie
05-22-2004, 07:33 PM
Great start! love the expression. I am sure you'll get the eyes right! Hope you post this again when done. :clap: These were some great pictures. Thank-you for a good WDE! :angel:

Drumbeat-trish
05-22-2004, 07:50 PM
I was tempted by this one too -he's a cutie :) I think you have made a great start . I think when it is our own we are so used to all their different moods and expressions it is sometimes harder to get them right

FriendCarol
05-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Definitely a devilish grin there! Looking good; I'll try to check in later in the week and look for an update. I really enjoyed painting children today, too. :)

Dyin
05-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Only a mom could catch that impishness so well! Going to be a great one...couldn't see the crossed eyes! Thanks for a great WDE...was lots of fun choosing!

Yokovich
05-22-2004, 08:21 PM
yep great WDE! this fella is a doll--post the final so we can see your revisions (but not sure it needs any)

hopefulbucky
05-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Very cute katju. I think you have captured his impish look. That is what struck me immediately. I will look forward to seeing how you finish this up. You really have a great start.

Deano
05-22-2004, 08:58 PM
Super start, Katju. You sure did catch that grin...(does he get that from you?) Lol. :D I also like the wet into wet color blending that you have going on here. Great WDE pics...Thank you.

SwitzerS
05-22-2004, 09:02 PM
That's definitely a 3 year old boy's look - cutie.

katju
05-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Super start, Katju. You sure did catch that grin...(does he get that from you?) Lol. :D I also like the wet into wet color blending that you have going on here. Great WDE pics...Thank you.

Nope, that's from his Dad, but he has my red hair :D

Kathy

stoney
05-23-2004, 01:12 AM
This Boy is actually my 3 year old son, Dylan. I took this at the zoo a couple weeks ago. He's got kind of an impish grin. He has so many expressions. Anyway, I think he looks a little cross-eyed right now. Something isn't right with the eyes, but i'll work on him. This is w/c 12x16 about 1 1/2 hours so far.

Kathy

Well, I don't know about cross-eyed, but the expression and body posture indicates, to me, he was up to something 'devlish' and didn't want you to see it. A 'caught in the act' type of thing..... :)

JanetteBC
05-23-2004, 11:53 AM
captured a very "boy being a boy" mood love the mischeivious expression.
Also like the style that the color is layed down in.

YYcat
05-23-2004, 12:17 PM
He lookes so cute, thanks kathy for the wonderful pictures. :D

cmwynn
05-23-2004, 03:43 PM
He must a handful. Love the grin and the colors around him.
Connie

Chiers
05-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Nice job Kathy! I chose this one and just as I posted up popped this thread. The whole time I was painting that lil face I was wondering what was on his mind....YOu have captured that look very well.

katju
05-23-2004, 10:05 PM
You know, the funny thing is he's a really good boy, very cooperative. He just has this really expressive face. He did that because I was trying to take his picture when I saw him leaning against the fire hydrant. I will work on the painting some more tomorrow and post tomorrow.

kathy

roslyn
05-24-2004, 12:06 AM
What a cutie! Congrats on finding time to do a painting of your own. He sure does look as if he's up to something! That's maybe why he appears to you to be cross-eyed. I see him as just scrinching up his eyes and face.

Also, happy belated birthday.

Roslyn

dabblerdot
05-24-2004, 02:59 AM
What a great kid !! This lad has to be a lot of fun to have around- never a dull minute, I'll bet ! I'm so glad you were able to take the time to do one of your pictures- this is the one I wanted to try initially because I love the set of his feet/runners... but right now I'm madly in love with little girls ! I can see the love you have for this young man- you've looked at that wonderful face many times to be able to capture the look so well ! :clap:
Thank you so much for the wonderful pictures from which to choose, they make me wish we all had time for this to be a daily event, instead of just a weekend one !

guilliame
05-24-2004, 12:31 PM
Hey katju,doing great so far,love his expression,really cheeky grin :clap: it's going to be good when it's finished :)

xreader
05-25-2004, 02:35 AM
A beautiful start to a gorgeous painting. Looking forword to the final post. :)

Charlie's Mum
05-25-2004, 12:46 PM
Well, this was my choice too - for me, I couldn't resist the shy, sideways look, though I couldn't capture it properly in OPs: and his stance is so typical of a little boy 'hanging around', leaning on anything that's handy!
He looks a super little fellow and you've done a really nice interpretation of him. :)

katju
05-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Here's an update. About another hour on it. I think I've fixed the eye I was having trouble with though I'm not completely satisfied with the likeness yet. But overall I'm enjoying this painting. Each portrait gets a little easier.

Kathy

stonewhiteclown
05-25-2004, 08:25 PM
Woohoo! Outstanding! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I knew little shading would soften his face... Will keep an eye for sure!

katju
05-31-2004, 07:18 PM
Since I've had some extra time on my hands, I worked some more on Dylan from last week. My major disappointment with this painting is that I was unable to get his feet in so I'm thinking of redoing it.

Kathy

blondiedenise
06-01-2004, 12:00 AM
Your boy is just lovely! I love your choice of colors and your style. Many clappies for you! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Denise