PDA

View Full Version : Look who's a guide!

Marty C
05-22-2004, 08:17 AM
Hi All,
Just in case anyone missed the announcement on the home page, some agreeably demented people nominated me to be a guide for this forum, and as I am as insane as everyone else I accepted.
Now I have a very soft spot for Marine art, and seeing as how some of the best artistic talent on WC is already visiting and posting on this forum I'd love to see it as the best and most fun forum on WC (a big ask I know but I also know you lot are just wonderful people, after all you all share a common love for the sea) so if anyone has a suggestion for a project, or a new angle, or a sub forum or a regular feature or whatever( for instance - what's on your easel for the month of ... , a popular feature in other forums) let us know and we'll do our best to come up with the goods (and take all the credit of course! :D ).
Anyway, my job as far as I can tell is to make this a great, fun forum, and to encourage you to do great art. Well, I don't have to do the latter as you are already doing that, so now you all have to have loads of fun, even if it kills you, and that's an order! :D
Feel free to reply and tell me I'm full of it. I have tried on the guide's uniform, and I can tell you I look lousy in a skirt, why they made me a girl guide and not a boy scout I'll never know!! :D :D

Eugene Veszely
05-22-2004, 10:46 AM
Congrats Marty :) :clap:

You have to keep leading by example.....we expect a new painting a week!! For morale...;)

Leaflin
05-22-2004, 06:16 PM
Marty you beat me at starting a welcome thread for you as our new guide!

some agreeably demented people nominated me to be a guide for this forum, and as I am as insane as everyone else I accepted

LOL :D

:clap: I for one am very glad you accepted! :clap:

imlayte
05-22-2004, 10:18 PM
Congrates Marty. This'll keep'ya outa trouble. You know, like surfing contests, vacationing, beach photography, gallery hopping, travel, a beer with the guys, painting, you know, all that silly stuff.

But I'm sure you'll do a mighty fine job! Good luck and go get them thar bad guys.

Hmmm---- shut up Howard you might be first.

Howard

Diane Cutter
05-23-2004, 06:29 AM
Congratulations, Marty... I know you'll do a great job... In fact, I thought you were already a guide since you are always so darn helpful and supportive.

Fair weather and following seas as our trusty Marine Art guide...

Diane

PS...I know the feeling about agreeably demented people because I'm a new guide over in the Printmaking forum...

xavier
05-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Diane is right on! Congratulations Marty,You will make a wonderful
guide!.I'm sitting here with about 20 to 30 seascapes and no way to post them.Maybe next month~Frank

Jet
05-23-2004, 02:25 PM
Marty you beat me at starting a welcome thread for you as our new guide!
LOL :D
:clap: I for one am very glad you accepted! :clap:

LOL.. Congratulations Marty !!
..You sure were eager to start as soon as possible, you beat leaflin. :p

..Good to see this brand new forum and a new guide as well...
.........Greetings from the Digital Arts Forum !!

Regards
:cool:

LisaArt
05-23-2004, 09:24 PM
Congratulations Marty! :clap:

Gillette
05-24-2004, 01:39 AM
Congrats Marty!!

There are girl scouts so I don't see why you can't call yourself a boy guide.

We now await a mass of inspirations!

Cheers
Jane.

Marty C
05-24-2004, 08:14 AM
Hi Eugene - Thanks, but one a week is slave driving, I did it for eight weeks this year and it was really draining, so I'll handball that one straight back to you!
Hi Linda - sorry, thought I'd jump straight in and see how deep the water was. Turns out it is nice and deep, warm and clear but I also think that's ideal conditions for sharks! :D
Hi Howard - thanks also. As far as I know, going after the bads guys is not for me, I'm here to help and make sure you guys are having a good time. Course, if anyone makes me cry I'm going to get the big boys for help! :D
Hi Diane - congratulations yourself! I think what we need is a secret guide handshake so we can seem all mysterious and powerful when really we haven't got a clue, but don't tell anyone!
Hi Frank - thanks a lot. 20 or 30! Please figure a way to post them soon as I know they will be great. You can also monopolise the forum for a month with that many.
Hi Jorge - congrats to you too over in Digital art, I'm sure you will be wonderful there.
Hi Lisa - thank you, thank you, thank you.
Hi Jane - a mass of inspirations, hmmm aren't they pink or am I thinking of another flower? :D :D
And a big :clap: :clap: :clap: to everyone in Marine Art.

Eugene Veszely
05-24-2004, 11:46 AM
I had to try :)

sendin
05-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Hi Marty -

WC got the best man for the job. I'd venture to say that without you, we'd have no forum. Don't be afraid to delegate! And of course, if you see anyone tell you that, that's how you get your first volunteer!

Maybe we could start a collection for a digital camera for Frank? I would love to see just 5 of his seacapes ! ! I'll put in the first $5.

I love your feedback and your enthusiasm.

Thanks - Denny

JamieWG
05-24-2004, 03:24 PM
Marty, you Da Man! Thanks so much for taking this on and for getting the Marine forum rolling in the first place. I know you will be a tremendous asset to this forum and Wetcanvas.

Jamie

diane555
05-24-2004, 05:56 PM
for one am very glad you accepted!
And I for TWO am extremely happy to have you aboard! :clap: :clap:

I know you'll be a great asset here.

Di

Alison Jardine
05-25-2004, 10:24 PM
Good news, Marty! Congratulations!

Hope it doesn't take too much of your precious time away from painting though..:-)

Shows that all your consistent help of artists in need of advice, & not to mention considerable talent, has been appreciated!

Yay!

ali

Marty C
05-26-2004, 06:25 AM
Hi Denny - thanks and do I hear a volunteer lurking in the wings? I too am dying to see Frank's seascapes, his other work is really fantastic, I'm always super impressed with the way he handles light.
Hi Jamie and Di - thanks also, glad to help and relieve some of the pressure you guys were under.
Hi Ali - I don't think talent has much to do with it (mainly cause there are many here way more gifted in that respect). Thanks a bunch.

Bobbo
05-30-2004, 10:04 PM
well done Marty
right man for the right job
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eugene Veszely
05-31-2004, 11:24 AM
He is away a lot though ;)

Alan Cross
06-01-2004, 01:22 AM
Congrats Marty....
Alan :)

Marty C
06-01-2004, 08:41 AM
Hi Bobbo - Thanks a bunch. I hear you are gaining quite a reputation in Europe for your car works, deservedly so, and you are also stepping up in the plein air arena as well.
Hi Eugene - I'm hoping the work travel will reduce a bit, I'm certainly seeing quite a bit of the state at the moment.
Hi Alan - Thanks very much. You are certainly keeping those project ideas coming, good work.