PDA

View Full Version : New here, I love this place

EricDaNerd
05-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Hi, I just found this place yesterday and I think its great. I've been in a sort of art slump for about 4 years but before that I used to draw a good amount. I just recently purchased an electronic art tablet because I heard so many good things and I wanted to get back into my art. I recieved it monday and have been creating various quick sketches since. You can see them on this free site that I'm using to toss my art on. http://www.christmasnerd.50megs.com/ I'm having alot of fun with it but any advice would be helpful because the closest I've come to actually making art on a computer program was like PAINTBRUSH that came with windows back in the day. So if you guys know of any great programs or what not please don't hesitate. I'm open to using any medium to create. Thank you.

themanda
05-22-2004, 01:51 PM
hey, eric! welcome!

there are a lot of apps you can use. i use photoshop, and a lot of others around here use painter. i'm sure jet will be by soon and point you to his Big List of Links that will help you a lot.

scary snowman, btw!!

Michael
05-22-2004, 01:59 PM
Welcome to WC,

Programs? The most prevelant here is PhotoShop, however, Painter, and Paint Shop Pro are real close behind. I think any program you can find that allows you to use layers and multiple brushes would probably work,. Just check the compatibility with your tablet first.

Jet
05-22-2004, 02:50 PM
Hello Eric,
Welcome to WC..
I see you're eager to start learning,please follow the link at the bottom of this post, you'll find everything there is to know for excelling in photo art and more...

If you have a Wacom tablet, then every program will recognize it at once..

You'll have your hands full for a while now..

Regards

ps thanks Amanda......... :D

kptad2
05-25-2004, 03:40 PM
hey eric.. welcome aboard.. :clap: i got my tablet a few weeks ago too ..
im like alittle kid with the best toy on the block.. (cant help it) well just trying to welcome you along here. ..kim :clap: :D :clap:

EricDaNerd
05-28-2004, 01:20 PM
THANKS EVERYONE!!! Your help much needed and appreciated!