PDA

View Full Version : WDE May15 Best excuse ever for REALLY Late !!

dabblerdot
05-21-2004, 06:28 PM
I am sorry that dabblerdotjr and I were unable to participate in the past WDE. On Sat.ddjr had her own 'creative event' going on, and I was there to coach.
The next day, sitting at her bedside, I did do a 2 hr water colour/gouache of the inside garden with the arched windows on her wc paper and it was pretty good. Oh, wait a minute, you can't see it, so it was really, really good ! :D ;)
Alas I forgot to bring it home with me and am not prepared to do the 9 hr round trip to get it :) However, on the 20 min ferry ride that is on the way home, I did do the attached sketch (sorry, not from the beautiful WDE images tho') from memory (I'd gazed long enough to memorize it !) Black ballpoint on ordinary printer paper, image 9"x7"
I will be back this W/E tho' can't speak for ddjr- depends on her schedule- which will be very full for the next 18 or so years !

FriendCarol
05-21-2004, 06:55 PM
As long as baby was on time, who cares about art "deadlines!" Welcome, baby dabblerdot!

And, lovely picture -- thanks for sharing her! :)

sundiver
05-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Awwww! You're right, the best excuse ever!
Congratulations to all of you.
Does this little doll have a name yet?

Sharrm
05-22-2004, 12:59 AM
:clap: What a beautiful baby, wonderful sketch. Congrats to all of you on this special occasion. :clap: :) Sharron

stonewhiteclown
05-22-2004, 06:02 AM
That's Mari, if I see right? Cute! Congratulations to all dds LOL!

ams
05-22-2004, 07:41 AM
You're right--you had the best excuse!

Beautiful baby and beautiful sketch. Thanks for posting it.

Are you SURE you don't want to go back and get your inside garden? :D

Anne

Yokovich
05-22-2004, 11:18 AM
dabb what a lovely drawing!! congratulations to you and dabbjr!! (and the daddy and everyone else!!) I am most impressed by what your memory produced--this is just perfection! :clap:

dabblerdot
05-22-2004, 12:04 PM
Thanks all, for the warm congratulations ! Yes she's named Mari (good vision, stonewhiteclown!) and I'm about to start her collection of crayons and paper... she should be able to start drawing when her vision clears, shouldn't she ? :D
Now to get ready for this weeks WDE, and I shall return to look at last weeks work, next week, as well as this weeks work... uuummm, you know what I mean !!
Cheers, all !

Dyin
05-22-2004, 12:42 PM
wow....bestest excuse lol! How great is this, and from memory! Congrats to all!!!

Drumbeat-trish
05-22-2004, 01:59 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww -she is gorgeous -a big welcome to Mari -baby dabb :)

xreader
05-22-2004, 02:56 PM
A precious little face, and a really expressive drawing. Congratulations to all. :)

lorna12
05-22-2004, 03:33 PM
What you don't have a laptop so you could participate last week!!!??? ;)

CONGRATULATIONS MOM & GRANDMA!!! She's adorable...so's the drawing!

Well done on your 'creative venture', dabblerdotjr http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2004/11613-ma.gif

Ahhhh, I love being a grandma.....

Charlie's Mum
05-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Big welcome to dd/jnrjnr - big mouthful, Mari is better!
:music: Isn't she lovely......? :music:
Don't know how you managed to contain your excitement to enough to do the drawing, but bet you treasure that forever (along with the 'original') :)
Cue 2nd song :music: Congratulations :music: :D

PS There goes Lorna with her creative smilies again!

katju
05-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Congratulations, Dabbler!!!! :clap: :clap: How exciting. Your drawing is absolutely incredible. Best wishes to DDjr, too!!!

Kathy

zardoz
05-22-2004, 07:20 PM
congrats to all
lovely piture. must have been a long , euphoric,ride home

cmwynn
05-23-2004, 09:29 AM
Wonderful - baby,sketch and everything else.
Connie

Deano
05-23-2004, 10:28 AM
Exquisite drawing of the new one, Dabblerdot. May Mari's, mom's, and grandmom's lives be filled with blessings. :angel: