PDA

View Full Version : A card I did for a friend

CarolinaGal
05-21-2004, 04:28 PM
Haven't been doing much but working lately, but I have been lurking around being totally impressed by everyones work.

Finally did this card for a friend for her 56th birthday. All done in Photoshop 7.
First is the exterior and second is the text on the inside. Got the font for free at acidfonts.

Georgia

Michael
05-21-2004, 04:58 PM
A Carolina Gal from California named Georgia...WOW...Me mind now is befuddled now :p

I think you did a wonderful job and think your friend would love it. Good colors, wonderful text and a suberb image!! Very well done indeed!!

Jet
05-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Georgia,
nice colorful card,
..your friend will love it ...
..is that your friend you drew here ?...

Welcome to WC :cool:

Regards

kbilltv
05-21-2004, 11:06 PM
I like the 'embroidery' detail around the sleeves and collar, Georgia... is it cheeze-whiz?

Chiers
05-21-2004, 11:13 PM
Cute card Georgia.

CarolinaGal
05-22-2004, 01:59 PM
Thanks all - even you kBill [cheese whiz - geeez] :D It's suppose to be gold rick-rack.

Jet - yes it is "sort" of a portrait of my friend - although it looks something like a demented cross between Rose and Dolly Parton to me.

Rose did love it RedWater - she's also an artist (a sculptor) and is always very encouraging and thrilled to receive any kind of creative work. I just hope work will slack-off soon and I'll have time to do more artwork.

Georgia

JCoop
05-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Georgia, this is a very fun style you're working with here! Very creative! I'll be looking for your posts!

flowerfancy58
05-23-2004, 03:25 AM
Very whimsical and cute, I'm sure she'll love it!!

gloria:)