PDA

View Full Version : Share the Light...

MissMouse
09-17-2001, 07:04 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Sep-2001/Hope.jpg
I took this picture last night. When I looked at it this morning I realized that it is time to get back to life as usual. There will be a dark spot in my heart but the smile on this little ones face and the light held in her hands is new hope. We hold the light now for those lost and touched by the tragedy of the past week. Let us have a new challenge - Go out and share this light. The day of Art for children I planned is going to happen on Saturday. The place is donated, professional people have donated their time we will have art therapists - puppeteers - teachers - and others people to help the little ones express their fears and hopes for the future.

Lulu
09-17-2001, 01:50 PM
thank you Pam for sharing this, both the photo and your thoughts. What a wonderful idea to have an art day for the children.
That photo speaks volumes.

Kandiman
09-19-2001, 04:42 PM
I agree with Lulu - an art day for kids is a great idea. I'm going to start teaching some children's art classes on Sept. 27, and I'm sure there will be a few that want to express some of their feelings of late. :confused:
Great photo! Is this "Hope" from your painting in the watercolour forum? You should post her here too - she should be a part of this memorial.

Leaflin
09-20-2001, 12:55 PM
Thanks Pam.
Wishing you all the best on Saturday.