PDA

View Full Version : Welcome dee_artist NEW GUIDE Pastel Forum

MKathleen
05-21-2004, 02:55 AM
:D Hi All:
Please welcome our newest Guide dee_artist or as you all know her as Dee or Deborah. Deborah will be a wonderful addition to our/your Pastel team. She brings kindness, thoughtfulness of her fellow artists, lots of experience in the pastel medium and just a darn nice person.
Kat has been doing the work of three Guides while waiting for Deborah to be brought on board. Kat your hard work and caring nature hasn't gone unnoticed... :clap: Thank YOU. Both kyle and Deborah will be here for you as will carly and I.
So welcome Deborah and Thank YOU for accepting to become a Wet Canvas Guide. :clap:

Kathryn Wilson
05-21-2004, 07:24 AM
Hi Dee! What a welcome sight you are - so glad you are joining the team. :)

meowmeow
05-21-2004, 08:38 AM
This is an excellent choice for us. COngratulations Deborah!

Sandy

Khadres
05-21-2004, 09:15 AM
Yay! Deb's been guiding most of us in onen way or another for ages anyway! And poor kyle can sure use the help, I'm sure!

Welcome, Dee!

Dyin
05-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Welcome oh Mighty Guide Deborah! And thanks to Super Guide Kat too! I'm sure you'll get lots of congrats as soon as everyone gets used to finding their way around! :clap:

Tom Christopher
05-21-2004, 11:07 AM
Congratulations to Dee , An Excellent choice. She has tremendous insite as well as a master of the written word... and of course a great artist.
Thank You Tom

jackiesimmonds
05-21-2004, 11:32 AM
I have no doubt everyone will appreciate your thoughtfulness and diplomacy. Hope you enjoy it!
Jackie

pjo
05-21-2004, 11:40 AM
Great news! Glad to see you've taken on a formal role here. Your advise is always right on and you state things so diplomatically, you help me really "see" what you mean. Congrats! Paula

Deborah Secor
05-21-2004, 12:24 PM
I don't think we're in Kansas any more, Toto... :eek: This place looks so different! All good changes, I'm sure. It will take us a while to find our way around the landscape. (Hey, I paint landscapes, so I had to use that analogy.)

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I have to tell you how much I already appreciate the help and encouragement I get from Kat, Kathy and Carly... and from all of you, too. I'll do my best to help in any way I can here. You're a great bunch of folks to work with!

Deborah

bnoonan
05-21-2004, 12:39 PM
Congratulations Deborah. We'll try to behave so you aren't too busy with everything.

Thanks for doing this.

barb

SweetBabyJ
05-21-2004, 02:59 PM
I always behave- one way or another....

Congratulations, Deborah- nice to see you wearing such a fine hat. In the spirit of such a salutory event, I promise the following:

~ I will refrain from showing people the ropes (the ones made from hemp, anyway)

~ I will curb my natural inclination to be the first point out giant green frogs and other odd creatures in other people's work

~ I will not complain about how you like somebody else better'n me

~ I will sit on Dawn if she tries to get out of her chair

~ I will share snacks with those poor unfortunates not allowed in the back row because they show no sense of humour at all

~~I will never point AND laugh at the same time (that's rude)

*Now* can I please take this Chinese finger puzzle thingie off? My nose is getting bruised typing this way- you have no idea what I have to do to use the shift key....

Pinecone Conniff
05-21-2004, 03:40 PM
Glad to have you as an official guide, Dee!! Ooooh! I like all these changes going on---I'll bring iced mochas for the back row....
Annette

eileenclaire
05-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Congratulations Dee! Glad to have you on board.

sundiver
05-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Bravo! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Lucky us, Deborah!

Kitty Wallis
05-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Congratulations Deborah,

You are a good choice. I've been very impressed with your warm kindness coupled with your straight talk when offering a critique. Let us all know how to make your job easier.

Kitty

Stoy Jones
05-21-2004, 05:11 PM
Absolutely, great choice! Congrats to you, Deborah! :clap:

Stoy

Dark_Shades
05-21-2004, 05:25 PM
:eek: Are My Eyes deceiving me...... but are you a GUIDE too Stoy..... how wonderful for you ...... congratulations

Stoy Jones
05-21-2004, 08:37 PM
:eek: Are My Eyes deceiving me...... but are you a GUIDE too Stoy..... how wonderful for you ...... congratulations

Lol..Thanks Dawn!!... too cool, isn't it? :p

Stoy

SweetBabyJ
05-21-2004, 09:13 PM
oooooo! And Stoy has a new hat! Nice- makes you look debonair.

See above for my behavioral-issue promises- well, I *say* promises, but actually, I never like to pen myself in that way- wouldn't want to stifle my creative urges. :D

How 'bout we agree I'll just be my very own self and let the chips fall where they may (especially the chocolate ones).

bogbeast
05-21-2004, 10:46 PM
Congrats to both Dee AND Stoy--couldn't happen to nicer people!

And a big THANKS to all of you who guide coordinate and moderate this forum
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
without your attention and example, I'm sure it would be a less rewarding place!

Lastly, THANKYOU to all of you who post your comments and work regularly! When I ran across wet canvas not that long ago, I never expected that it, and all of you, would become an important part of my day, as well as my art!

SBJ,can I join the back row if I promise to bring bad jokes s soon as I an type 2-handed again? You guys have all the best snacks--these rice cakes in the front row don't even count for bird food!!
Humbly, Libby

SweetBabyJ
05-21-2004, 10:52 PM
Sure Libby- I'll show you the ropes (not the hemp ones- I promised Dee). These are nice and soft- they hardly chafe at all- ask Dawn- I hadda tie her up a coupla weeks ago....

Deborah Secor
05-22-2004, 12:35 AM
Yeah, I saw Stoy's new hat in another thread...I think it looks good on him too! So Stoy, you'll be spending a lot of time in that other forum, I suspect--but don't abandon us!

Hadda heave a sigh of relief when you mentioned letting the chips fall where they may, Julie! (Have to admit the chips that came to my mind were not chocolate...) Methought you were protesting too much--though the promises were nice ones!!! :p

WC is a pretty cool community, but the pastel forum is the nicest neighborhood in it. Thanks for your votes of confidence. I always look forward to spending time here. You really are a very special and fun group of people.

Deborah

SweetBabyJ
05-22-2004, 12:54 AM
Nah, Dee- wouldn't be poker chips- I don't gamble. I play chess though- and trust me, I always know the outcome of the game when I make my first move....

Deborah Secor
05-22-2004, 12:59 AM
Why am I just not at all surprised to hear that Julie? ;)

Deborah

SweetBabyJ
05-22-2004, 01:08 AM
ummmm.. 'cause I am JUST that good?

No?

Would you believe I cheat if I gotta?

Good- 'cause I don't. I really am JUST that good See? :angel:

Mo.
05-22-2004, 07:52 PM
Congratulations Dee. :clap: You have been a 'guide ' without the official hat for some time now, helping and guiding in your warm and gentle way. Hope you won't mind if I add my congrats to Stoy too.... Stoy, I have to say I'm not really surprised, you are a natural choice, I could see the guide material in you some time ago.
Good luck to you both.

Mo.

Deborah Secor
05-23-2004, 12:55 AM
Thank you, Mo, that means a lot coming from the one who guided me a lot when I first came here...

You are so right--Stoy is a natural. And I'm delighted to have folks including him here! He so deserves it.

Deborah

CarlyHardy
05-23-2004, 07:36 PM
Deb,
I just got back into town! Wanted to add my congratulations to your change of hat! :)

....and now, where is that "to do" list that I made up for you! LOL

I know you'll enjoy the Pastel Forum as a guide....it truly is the best community at WetCanvas!! (but, don't tell all those other folks I said that :D)

carly

Deborah Secor
05-23-2004, 08:12 PM
Carly, I'll get right on that list--as soon as I get it! :rolleyes:

Deborah :D

PaulaCT
05-24-2004, 01:41 AM
Deborah and Stoy,

I'm so glad to hear the news -- we're very lucky to have your guidance and comraderie. Congratulations!

PaulaCT

k9artisan
05-24-2004, 07:59 AM
Deborah and Stoy,

I am not sure what the difference is between a guide and a moderator, but it sounds like a nice thing to do for us and congratulations! I do hope that you both will be visiting us in oil pastel studio once in a while as I always look forward to your comments!

Amber :clap: :clap: :clap: