PDA

View Full Version : Reflections...

arlene
09-17-2001, 12:50 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2001/stilllifefinalscan2.jpg

colored pencil on hotpress arches watercolor paper. 8" x 10"...approximately 60 hours total...wanted to see if i could do a piece with reflections in it...was to challenge myself...

ArtyHelen
09-17-2001, 07:04 AM
Incredible work, Arlene! :clap:

Helen

diphascon
09-17-2001, 07:09 AM
> wanted to see if i could do a piece with
> reflections in it

looks like you can :D

martin

teixman
09-17-2001, 08:13 AM
indeed you have won your challenge.
wonderful piece

Luvy
09-17-2001, 08:31 AM
Wow this is beautiful *S* Arlene Love it So detailed. I don't think I'd have the patience do do all that detail. Love it though Sure worth your time.:)

bobsart
09-17-2001, 09:10 AM
Quite a reflection on you! :clap: :clap:

rsmak
09-17-2001, 09:15 AM
very beautiful,I admore your patience.

rosanna

ejfarrae
09-17-2001, 09:51 AM
incomparable technique.

pencils4me
09-17-2001, 09:54 AM
After watching this in progress - the final outcome is no less than I expected and more. This is without a doubt one of those "this is colored pencil? WOW!" works. :D (I love to hear people say that - LOL)

I guess we should challenge ourselves a bit more often - thats what makes us grow as artists and explores the possibilites of our medium - pushing the limits people seem to have of cp works. What fun!

Stunning arlene! So whats up next? ;)

TJ

pampe
09-17-2001, 10:16 AM
what an excellent piece.....

I have been wanting to try CP, but didn't know where to start...

Arlene, you are an inspiration...and the work is technically incredible...thanks for sharing it!!!

Pam

YLCIA
09-17-2001, 10:19 AM
Thai is incredible! Absolutely amazing!

Julia

arlene
09-17-2001, 10:21 AM
This piece was supposed to be finished before Friday of last week. It's the last piece being put into a two woman show entitled, Works on Paper. These include not only my colored pencil drawings, but also my paper sculptures.

I found that on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week, all I could do was be with family, sit with the T.V. on and talk online and on the telephone to friends and family (like most of us).

Thursday, knowing this had to be done, I picked up my pencils again, and found doing this to be very soothing. I got lost in the details, and consequently was able to, at least for a few hours, forget what had happened.

I consider myself so blessed to be able to do that...

Martin, Helen, Tiexman, Luvy, Bob, Rosanna, Ejfarrae, and TJ; Thank you. I truly get lost and go into a trance when I'm working, so it's not a matter of patience.

TJ; my next piece will be a tribute to the tragedy. I'm going to do it in colored pencils, as opposed to paper sculpture, because my paper sculpture pieces tend to be humorous and lighthearted...not what i want to convey. :crying:

JeanineJ
09-17-2001, 10:35 AM
Fantasitc! You were definitely in your zone with this... So rich... realism beyond what any photo could deliver... color and compostion delicious... thank you for creating and posting! :clap: :clap: :clap:

jheinrich
09-17-2001, 11:01 AM
arlene- ja wow!

so glad you set challenges for yourself :D

this is fabulous! composition, colors, handling.

you are rockin'. good luck with your show!

j*

dollardays
09-17-2001, 01:49 PM
WOW! Stunning work. The detail is amazing. :clap:
I'm always amazed too when I stop to add up the hours a CP work takes, but when it turns out like this, the results are worth it!

jerryW
09-17-2001, 05:04 PM
I like the blue wall shape and how it all comes together.

what a lot of work.

Ceu
09-17-2001, 10:27 PM
wow to cp artists, that is incredible work and patience:)

arlene
09-18-2001, 02:11 AM
Thanks all...i'm obsessed with CP right now...doing a "quick" piece 4" x 6" of an orchid..."quick" being anything under 3 days work...I actually see myself finishing the orchid before wednesday is done...