PDA

View Full Version : Bullfight

fugitive
05-21-2004, 02:35 AM
Just can't seem to finish one before jumping to a new one. Now it's bullfights, this is actually the 2nd one.

http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/0703/fugitive/Paintings/Banderillawc.jpg

Jet
05-21-2004, 04:50 AM
Greg,
Nice colors, great motion !

.....needs some definition...
(to my taste, only... i guess)

Keep it up

Regards

fugitive
05-21-2004, 04:58 AM
Those things are judgement calls. I thot about all that, but wanted a loose, semi-non exacting look. My normal is way over on detail, so it's that way.

captan
05-21-2004, 01:56 PM
what's the point in painting with this style when yor paintings looks more and more like photomanips and cheap filter product - sure I know you paint your pics - but I feel your taking it too far.

flowerfancy58
05-22-2004, 02:41 AM
This is interesting Fugitive, and I understand the desire to try out different things/styles, it's fun!!

Personally, I loved the syle you did the ballerina in:)

gloria

fugitive
05-22-2004, 02:50 AM
Ah, the ballerina, which one? The one with 4 was one of 3, I've sold. Thanks.

flowerfancy58
05-22-2004, 03:54 AM
Okay I just went through both your sites (very nice too!) and I can't find the one I was thinking of. It's not the one on point on your site, I thought you did one of a ballerina with her foot up on a chair, or am I imagining this?

gloria:)

fugitive
05-22-2004, 04:05 AM
That helps, she's not finished and is in one of these forums as a WIP, I'm working on about five. The more importand ones take a lot longer, and sit around gathering dust, untill I think, I can actually do something worthwhile to them.
I can send a copy if you want, as it's prolly different than hte posted one.

flowerfancy58
05-22-2004, 04:07 AM
That works:) Thanks Greg!

Yako
05-22-2004, 09:26 PM
Olee torito Oleee!!....feel needs a little bit definition, the theme is interesting!... :)

fugitive
05-22-2004, 10:07 PM
Ok, here's a diff one, tho I wish Painter worked, as I'm getting bored.

fugitive
05-23-2004, 12:31 AM
a closeup of the bullstuff. Modified, because of the size restrictions.

flowerfancy58
05-23-2004, 03:13 AM
Like this second one, and thanks for the close up!

I looked at the first one again and I've changed my mind about it, lol!! I do like it and I like the composition better than the second one too.

But here's a thought... What if you defined the bull and ring etc. more and left the crowd as they are? Don't know for sure how it would look, although the quick pic in my mind looks good.

gloria:)

fugitive
05-23-2004, 03:25 AM
Here's a thot, you got a worm crawling around in your brain? How would I look there and see what you see, I don't even want to. I like my own delusions.

fugitive
05-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Like this second one, and thanks for the close up!

I looked at the first one again and I've changed my mind about it, lol!! I do like it and I like the composition better than the second one too.

But here's a thought... What if you defined the bull and ring etc. more and left the crowd as they are? Don't know for sure how it would look, although the quick pic in my mind looks good.

gloria:)Ok, leave them blurry, as their not the subject. Good thot.

TheAndroid
05-26-2004, 01:10 AM
I have to agree that the second one is far better. The color choices are much more vibrant and you don't lose the sense of motion because of the pointallism (Like Jet, that is my personal taste talking!). I especially like the interior of the cape(?) as it really projects a strong sense of depth. Additionally the softening of the colors as items recede into the persepective is right on!

fugitive
05-26-2004, 01:39 AM
Ok, I'm gonna try the split thing again.

justjean
05-26-2004, 02:32 PM
Long way from being an expert here :) but my choice goes to the second one

fugitive
05-30-2004, 04:57 PM
a slight delay, as one of our bullfighters, has been gored, by the angry animal. Please bare with us, as we repair this situation, as I'm sure, the thread will go on. See, productions still.

sundaychild
05-30-2004, 06:18 PM
My vote goes to the second painting, since the first does look like a photo manip. As to your last posting, Greg, do I need to remind you, that there are ladies present?:-))
Sundaychild

fugitive
05-30-2004, 06:48 PM
It's just about a guy getting hurt on the job, and there are many worse, accidents, that happen, like the guy who got caught in a wood chipper.

baquitania
05-30-2004, 09:23 PM
Respectfully there are worse ways to get hurt, but this is not amusing. I've removed your image due to complaints, the least of which is that this is a site violation. Let's not make this an issue, let's focus back on the original topic...

Thank you.

Bobby

Jet
06-01-2004, 04:41 AM
My vote goes to the second painting, since the first does look like a photo manip.
Sundaychild

Agree !!