PDA

View Full Version : Soft & Oil Pastel Moving Days To Their Studio's

MKathleen
05-21-2004, 01:36 AM
:) Hi All, please bare with carly and I while we move all the soft pastel threads over to the Soft Pastel Studio. We'll be moving the current threads first then the older threads. So if you don't see your thread check the Soft Pastel Studio and the same for the oil pastels.
Please--if you notice a thread soft pastel or oil pastel in the wrong Studio please let us know. We have to look at each one to determine where they belong soft or oil. So if you see one that doesn't belong just let us know.
As carly has been around longer she'll know better than I by just knowing the artists. Me well I'll try to get it right! :)
Your patience is appreciated. :)
You can start posting to the sub forums anytime.

Dyin
05-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Thanks for all your hard work on this....it's pretty exciting! :D

MKathleen
05-22-2004, 05:22 PM
:D Thank you Sue, it was a team effort to put this all together. I'm very proud and pleased it appears our members are finding there way around ok. :)
It's going to take a little time to get all the threads to their medium specific sub forums. Thank you for being such a presence as other on this forum your appreciated. :clap:

Mo.
05-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Is this a good thing I wonder? Some time ago the general concensus was not to divide the pastel forum, somehow I feel the homeliness of the pastel forum may be lost in this split, I hope I'm proved wrong, but can't help feeling that this is a mistake, how many of our expert advisors and teachers will bother to visit the op forum to give advice, okay I appreciate that Jackie and Deborah, Kitty and other teachers here do not use OP's, but a lot of the principals used for soft pastels are the same for OP's i.e composition, colour use, tonal values etc., even techniques in a way, also papers and other supports used etc.,. ~~ so that any newbies to op's will lose out on the excellent advice that is always to hand here, I have a knowledge of oil pastels, but I'm not a teacher, I do not have those qualifications, or the wherewithal to teach a newbie as can the aforementioned persons.
I just hope I'm proved wrong.

Mo.

MKathleen
05-22-2004, 10:39 PM
:) Hi mo' thank you for your input--regarding the Oil Pastel Studio/split in a perfect world we wouldn't have to worry whether change is a mistake. I happen to believe that change can be good. The oil pastel artists deserve a forum of their own where they can interact with other oil pastel artists. Yes, they could interact before, but this gives them a specfic home of their own. They can still interact with the softies and vise versa so I really don't see a problem here.
Your right many of the same supports are used by both soft and oil pastel artists. Kitty's Wallis Sanded paper is used by oil pastel artists too. I would hope that Kitty will visit the Oil Pastel Studio often to see how her paper is being used. I believe that our teachers of the pastel art we have in the Pastel forum can incompass and embrace both oil and soft pastel mediums.
I have faith that the two sub forums can interact and can be united in a common love of the pastel medium.

Mo.
05-23-2004, 06:47 AM
Hi Kathy,
I would hope that Kitty will visit the Oil Pastel Studio often to see how her paper is being used. I believe that our teachers of the pastel art we have in the Pastel forum can incompass and embrace both oil and soft pastel mediums.
I have faith that the two sub forums can interact and can be united in a common love of the pastel medium.

I'm sure you are right, and with Kitty, Jackie and Deborah popping in with their expert advice and teaching then it's sure to be a winner.
Mo.

CarlyHardy
05-23-2004, 07:25 PM
I wanted to say thanks to all who are making this transition a smooth one! I had to leave town Friday morning and have only just got home and couldn't wait to check the forum :D I'm so excited to see everyone working together to help with the move of threads to the appropriate studios!

If you see a thread that needs moving, please hit the Report Exclamation Point and tell us if the thread should be in the Oil or Soft Pastels Studio. We'll be able to make changes a lot faster if everyone is helping out with this!

...and please be patient. Moving into a new house takes time to settle in and get used to where everything needs to be, but now that we have some new space to spread out into, I think everyone will enjoy the redecorating!!

:clap:
carly