PDA

View Full Version : Surf 3

Gillette
05-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Here's my last surf for a while, I'm going back into beaches. This is my smallest one it's acrylic on canvas board and measures 30x15 inches. I took a load of pics last month when I was over on the lower West Coast for a few days, and just enjoyed watching the surfers on the famous break at Yallingup.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2004/38894-surf_3_cr_red.jpg

Hope you like it, it was a pretty big wave.
Jane.

laudesan
05-20-2004, 02:41 AM
Ooooooo I LOVE this piece!!!!!!!!!!

No crits at all..

Pity you are stopping now........

ripvanblair
05-20-2004, 05:00 AM
Superb, great dynamics in this one-----------well done----------Alan

imlayte
05-20-2004, 12:03 PM
I guess that's a surfer on the face, I almost missed him/her. Going larger would make the wave appear smaller so what I've done in the past is use a tiny dot of CRL, for board or shorts, to prove the point for 1/2 blind people like me.lol. Very nice piece, the surfer makes it. Good Luck.

Howard

Eugene Veszely
05-20-2004, 12:28 PM
You are giving MartyC a run for his money ;) :)

Marty C
05-20-2004, 08:33 PM
Hi Jane,
I am so impressed with your waves, fantastic job. You have the wave dynamics mastered, form, shadows, colour all really well done. Don't stop doing waves please, you have a real talent for them. :clap: :clap:

Gillette
05-21-2004, 05:14 AM
Many thanks to all for taking the time to observe and comment,
Laudesan,and Alan, Howard, what is CRL please? Chameleon, it must be something in this wonderful pristine clean air down here in W.A.!
Marty , you are such an encourager, I am very honoured by your remarks especially after seeing the exceptionally high quality of your paintings.
I have been asked to exhibit my 3 surf scenes in a local restaurant next week, which does pretty well in selling art and has quite a few surfers call in, so it will be interesting to see how they are received.
Every time I start a new wave scene, I have a moment of panic, and think"I don't think this is going to work out!" and as I'm not a person who gives up easily, I keep going and you've seen the results, I havn't overpainted one yet, like I have with flowers and nudes!.
I can hear and feel the big surf vibrating through the earth and floor of my house,and I live about 5kms from Ocean Beach, can you wonder at my constant desire to drop everything and tear down to the ocean!
Will keep painting.promise,
Jane.

Eugene Veszely
05-21-2004, 11:57 AM
We can see you "know waves" :)

All the best for the 3 in the restaurant!! :clap:

imlayte
05-21-2004, 07:18 PM
Cad. Red Light. Cheers

Howard