PDA

View Full Version : ***invitation To Wde 5-22-04***

katju
05-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Please join me this weekend in the All Events Media Forum for another wonderful :D WetCanvas Drawing Event.

There will be 2 different themes so hopefully there will a little something for everyone.

1. NEBRASKA LANDSCAPES (because this is where I live).

2. CHILDREN (because they are my favorite subjects to paint).

Images will be posted in the All Media Art Events section of the Town Center on Saturday, May 22nd 1/2 hour before start time. But remember, this is a "weekend" event. You can start any time during the weekend. Spend two hours creating with the medium of your choice, then post a new thread with WDE May 22 in the title to the All Media Art Events section.

Please join me at your listed time below. If you can’t join at the appointed time please join anytime on the weekend (or later) just join.

Times:
New York-Sat 4pm, Paris-Sat 10pm, Anchorage-Sat 12pm, Amsterdam-Sat 10pm, New Orleans-Sat 3pm, Vancouver-Sat 1pm, Omaha-Sat 3pm, Manila-Sun 4pm, London-Sat 9pm, Halifax-Sat 5 pm, Sydney- Sun 6am, Toronto- Sat 4pm, US Mountain time-Sat 2pm, Helsinki-11pm

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!

Kathy

MKathleen
05-19-2004, 09:18 PM
:clap: Hi Kathy, first of all Thank YOU for Hosting this weekend. I love the two example images you have supplied, and I'm looking forward to joining in this Saturday. :D
Thank you also for adding the 'arrow' to signify your invitation. :)
I'll put a link to your invitation in the WC Digest and Calendar for you.

katju
05-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Hi Kathy,

I'm glad you will be able to join in this Saturday :) I'm busy getting the rest of my images together. See you then! ;)

Kathy

FriendCarol
05-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Oh, good -- children! This will be great practice for me to finish last week's WDE. :rolleyes:

But seriously, sounds like a great set of images; I'm hoping to be there (and post that night :evil: ). When I think of Nebraska, I think of a flat prairie with huge farms, so this should also be a wonderful opportunity to fill out my stereotypical understanding of that state. Thanks for hosting. :)

Charlie's Mum
05-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Don't know WHEN, but WILL! See you SOMETIME! :)

katju
05-20-2004, 07:14 PM
Oh, good -- children! This will be great practice for me to finish last week's WDE. :rolleyes:

But seriously, sounds like a great set of images; I'm hoping to be there (and post that night :evil: ). When I think of Nebraska, I think of a flat prairie with huge farms, so this should also be a wonderful opportunity to fill out my stereotypical understanding of that state. Thanks for hosting. :)

Carol,

Nebraska is a flat prairie with huge farms. But we have glorious skies......

Kathy

purplelizard
05-20-2004, 11:55 PM
Oh goody, count me in - although, my UT Longhorn bones are telling me I shouldn't have anything to do with NEBRASKA! :evil: (just kidding.....I love the two pictures you've posted on the invite - right up my alley on the landscapes, and I've never done children before - not sure why - might be time to try!)

thanks for hosting what sounds like a WONDERFUL event! I'll be there sometime -

kristen

Leslie_Ann
05-21-2004, 01:36 AM
Hi Katju! I''ve just joined WC and I'm looking for something to participate in that will get my creative juices following again. I'm EST in Montreal, and if I can get my two kids occupied with their friends, I'd love to participate!! :)

lorna12
05-21-2004, 03:23 AM
I just got my order from Holbein with a bunch of new stuff to try out...soft pastels, oil pastels, oil paints, aqua oils as well as some w/c and acrylics. I think I might dive right into something new with one or two of your images, katju! Looking forward to it!!

Welcome Leslie_Ann from eastern Canada, ---from western Canada! Your going to love this place (WC!) and the WDE's are great fun and a really good place to get those juices flowing!!

Edited to add...I just noticed...it's official.....I am now a Guide!! :D

katju
05-21-2004, 08:57 AM
Welcome, Leslie Ann. This forum is where I started out a few months ago as a new member and pretty much where I hang out though I have started to leave the nest and wander over into other forums. A set time to paint on Saturday is a great motivator. I understand the kid problem. If you can't make it at 3:30-4:00 EST just paint anytime during the weekend or just part of the time. It doesn't necessarily have to be 2 hours. :)

Hope you can make it.

Kathy

sundiver
05-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi Katju! I''ve just joined WC and I'm looking for something to participate in that will get my creative juices following again. I'm EST in Montreal, and if I can get my two kids occupied with their friends, I'd love to participate!! :)

Don't worry if you're not on time,or get interrupted a lot: there's no deadline or restriction there; it's fun when we can all work together at the same time, but it's busy in here until Monday and beyond. (I'm going to be late myself this week)

sundiver
05-21-2004, 01:47 PM
Edited to add...I just noticed...it's official.....I am now a Guide!! :D

Yay! Me too!
:( Unfortunately, on My first weekend as a Guide for this forum, I'll be away and might not get on the net. I'll think of something..........

Katju, this sounds really good! Got some corn pics in there?

zardoz
05-21-2004, 04:02 PM
Kathy that sky inyour invite is great
I'll be here if possible can hardly wait to see what you have in store for us

katju
05-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Sorry, Wendy, but I don't think I have any corn pics, but I will make a note to take some this Summer and Fall. I guess that means I'll have to sign up to host again in the fall... Is it OK if I substitute pumpkins for the corn in the meantime? :D

Kristen, I was going to leave the photos I have of a Cornhusker game out but I might have to dig one up just for you! :p

Kathy

Dyin
05-21-2004, 06:05 PM
looks like another good one! Will be there, think it'll be kids for me...don't do landscapes well...but maybe a lot of clouds and a tiny wedge of land I might manage!

....oooh Lorna...congrats to you on the guidship, along with Wendy....hey...check it out...we have an Oil Pastel Studio over in the Pastel forum now...ooooh, you're going to LOVE those Holbeins!!!!

lorna12
05-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Wendy...Congrats to you, too! Too bad you have to miss this weekend. :crying:

Sue, I have been over to the pastel forum a couple of times this week to check things out. Have been reading some good tips and advice from you and others. Can't wait to try out the Holbeins! Also can't wait to try the oil paints either....tough choices :D Will decide when I see the images tomorrow and I'll go eeny, meeny. miny. mo... or flip a coin or something! :D

Ottersong
05-21-2004, 08:53 PM
OOOOOO to die for..... skies and roads and pumpkins.... I think that I will actually be able to start on time this weekend (maybe) company coming in the evening so hope to have the housework finished tonight. I really should try the children but have never done them before, maybe after I do my favorite I will struggle with them if I have time. I sure do enjoy doing the WDE's. They are what has gotten me back to painting again and even doing something worth keeping once in a while. Thanks in advance.

Marymc

Leslie_Ann
05-22-2004, 02:12 AM
Congratulations Wendy and Lorna on becoming guides! It brings to mind something mystical. Like a spirit guide. :)

If everything is going right in my world, I will participate, but I just found out I have to hustle to find a babysitter to watch my kids while I go to night school this summer.
So..given the stress there..if I can join in...I think I'll forget my rugrat woes(however loved they are) and do a landscape. ;)

Yokovich
05-22-2004, 11:29 AM
Congratulations Wendy and Lorna on becoming guides! It brings to mind something mystical. Like a spirit guide. :)

If everything is going right in my world, I will participate, but I just found out I have to hustle to find a babysitter to watch my kids while I go to night school this summer.
So..given the stress there..if I can join in...I think I'll forget my rugrat woes(however loved they are) and do a landscape. ;) leslie--like the others have said--even with delays and interruptions it is still so much fun--so plan on it!! looking forward to seeing your first WDE (and it won't be your last!!--you'll see YOU are in the right place!!!) welcome!
(j--nebraska is a beautiful place..can't wait for the images!)