PDA

View Full Version : Crayon Bernie Quick

Nathan Reed
09-16-2001, 05:53 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2001/crayonbernie.JPG
8.5"x11" crayon & paper

jerryW
09-18-2001, 11:44 AM
In this one you are leaving some paper exposed but it still works tremendously.
every stroke contributes something to the overallenergy and summum gesturatum (totality of gesture) that the piece projects.

It has a vitality that seems all its own - a life - humble and admirable, perfect and imperfect. endlessly seething like blood vessels and capillaries supporting intelligence.

I say too much.

pampe
09-18-2001, 12:22 PM
Nathan, these gesture, crayon drawings are seductive as Hell.....please speak about your technique....layers? cool/warm?? how you build these????

This one is wonderful and I think you are prgressing in depth on these drawings:clap:

Each is more vibrant and alive, the energy moving around the face like electrons around the atom.....BRAVO

Pam

AmyH
09-18-2001, 12:32 PM
Hey Nathan,

I think I see most of your posts although there are times when I am not able to be here so I know I miss some. These have taken a subtle turn in that they are begining to look like thay are made of gnarled bits of yarn. It is giving them a lively feeling. Also I noticed that this one having a lighter background really makes the head bolt (good thing ;) ). Nice work.

amy

allanom
09-18-2001, 03:59 PM
Amazingly good, Nathan. Love the dense, dark head against the light background. And the wraithe-like drawing style.

giniaad
09-18-2001, 10:42 PM
Nathan...
I love seeing where your work is going...
not sure where that is, but it is good!
you have taken crayon
where no other crayon has dared to go...
and you should just keep going!
more and more portraits...please
and expressions...
always a treat!

ginia

JeanineJ
09-19-2001, 12:42 AM
Veins and arteries of color cursing brilliantly through your subject... I'm going to invest in Crayola!