PDA

View Full Version : L

Suz
09-16-2001, 05:42 PM
Hi everyone. This is a small pastel on Canson.

Nathan Reed
09-16-2001, 06:12 PM
Very nice. Great tone and color.
I'd like to get into pastel a bit..Can you give me advice on what kind of pastels you use? And where can I get canson?
Thanks. Keep up the beautiful work, Suz.

Rich Williams
09-16-2001, 06:36 PM
Wonderfull use of color and texture. :clap: :clap:

teixman
09-17-2001, 09:08 AM
I agree with the above comments.
I like the sky, with its violet hue

jerryW
09-17-2001, 06:15 PM
radiant and soft

wendee
09-17-2001, 08:28 PM
Hi Suz...this is lovely...:D :D :D

quadros
09-17-2001, 08:46 PM
This is a great drawing! I have a set of pastels in my drawer waiting for me to gather up courage to attempt a try at at them. This may be the motivation I need!!!!!!

Ceu
09-17-2001, 11:01 PM
very nice and calming image:)

Suz
09-18-2001, 11:33 PM
Hi Nathan,

Originally posted by Nathan Reed
Very nice. Great tone and color.
I'd like to get into pastel a bit..Can you give me advice on what kind of pastels you use? And where can I get canson?
Thanks. Keep up the beautiful work, Suz.

Thank you ..

When you get started, make sure you learn all the rules so you can break them all. Smear with your fingers, use white, use black, use the wrong side of the paper etc.

Pastels are great because you can start quickly and without great cost, and when you're ready for the next step there is a depth of material and choices to explore.

To start you can get a set of Rembrandt's (semi soft) and a box of nupastels (hard pastels for details). You can get canson paper from Dick Blick. It is only about 1.50$ a sheet.

Once you want to progress you have an incredible choice of colors, density, and surfaces. I believe Roan has a pastel resource website. Here is another good source: http://www.dakotapastels.com/