PDA

View Full Version : Crayon Adam in Dad's Hat

Nathan Reed
09-16-2001, 04:25 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2001/crayonadaminhat.jpg
8.5"x 11" Crayons and paper
A bit on the sloppier side. Disneylandesque?

Critiques welcome

ejfarrae
09-16-2001, 10:05 PM
sloppy is good. i like the looseness of it and you've still managed to capture his expression perfectly. another winner. i'd like to see one of these against a lighter background nathan or maybe a background with discernible objects. just for variety's sake. have you tried any like that?

allanom
09-16-2001, 11:40 PM
Nathan:

Love the wildness of this! And love the change of subject matter to the boy (not that the self-portraits weren't simply great!). As I threatened on a previous post of this terrific series, I've started a drawing that's inspired by your crayon-on-construction-paper works. I tried working with crayons but gave up and switched to oil pastels 'cause I couldn't get the bright, light colours I wanted. If it looks half-ass presentable when I'm finished, I'll post it.

Nathan Reed
09-16-2001, 11:41 PM
Okay. I'll start in on some... Thanks for the good words.

Nathan Reed
09-16-2001, 11:52 PM
Allanom,

Hey, thank you very much... I'd be very interested to see what you have done with pastels...
I've tried oil pastels twice, and tonight I bought some soft pastels and some vellum surface paper... I think I'll go try it now... I have no idea what will happen. If its more fun working with this stuff, I start posting some....:)

jerryW
09-17-2001, 06:18 PM
love everything but especially the cowlick