PDA

View Full Version : Junko Ono Rothwell fans alert :)

gofish
05-19-2004, 01:18 PM
Just thought you'd like to know there is a 4 page article by Junko Ono Rothwell in this month's issue (June 2004) of "The Artist's Magazine". Lots of nice pics of her work.

Khadres
05-19-2004, 01:40 PM
Just thought you'd like to know there is a 4 page article by Junko Ono Rothwell in this month's issue (June 2004) of "The Artist's Magazine". Lots of nice pics of her work.

Cool! Oh, can someone please tell me what's on the covers of American Artist this month and the Pastel Journal, as well? Unless the hubby dragged them off to his lair by mistake, I don't think I have the June issues yet...or is it July's? I just don't want to miss nuthin'!

gofish
05-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Sooz-
I can help you out there.
06/04 Artist's Magazine has a painting of old fashioned sailing ships in dark water with the caption "Maritime master's secrets: Capture light & atmosphere".
06/04 Pastel Journal has a pastel by Diana DeSantis of drying (yellow) hay bales in a field, foreground, with buildings in the background. First of 4 captions says "Mixing the perfect ground with Diana DeSantis".
Could of scanned them but was too lazy. If this doesn't do it, let me know and I will scan them.
Georganne

Khadres
05-19-2004, 02:43 PM
OK, cool! Thanks for the info....I DO have the Artist's Magazine, then. Not sure about the Journal or Amer. Artist, tho....I'll have to look around this mess of a house. We HAVE been spring cleaning, but in this house that just means that stuff winds up as far from its proper place as it can get while I lug vacuum cleaners up and down stairs to very little purpose!

Deborah Secor
05-25-2004, 11:52 AM
Would one of you who knows better than I tell me how to pronounce her first name? I mean, is it just like it sounds, junk-o? Living in the land of the J that sounds like a Y I never know...

Just curious if you know...thanks.
Deborah

gofish
05-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Hi Deborah,
Sorry I can't help with this, I've never actually heard her name pronounced. I just know lots of people like her work. We need a person of Japanese descent to help us. It may well have a "y" sound as I don't think the word "Japan" is pronounced with a "j" sound by the Japanese.

Maybe Carly would know, seems as though she and another WC member attended one of her workshops not too long ago.

Georganne