PDA

View Full Version : better late than never tree WDE for 5/14/04

Yokovich
05-18-2004, 11:57 PM
Hi all--this is a work in progree shade tree--its night here so I can't get a better photo--its oil on canvas 14 x 18
I am very very bummed out tonight because yesterday we ran over our own cat. He is in "intensive care" at the cat hospital so if you could send a prayer out for him I would appreciate it. His name is Ginger (I used to think he was a girl a long time ago and never changed his name). His full name is Gingersnap because he is a bit cranky sometimes. They are giving him transfusions and all sorts of things in anticipation of a surgery. I saw him today and got to pet him. I am really unhappy as you can well imagine. does my shade tree look a little morose? We went to the portland art museum today in an effort to take our minds off it but I was looking at the paintings through tears. sorry for the extra long post. tomorrow I am on jury duty so I might finish this or might not. talk to you all latah.

MKathleen
05-19-2004, 12:40 AM
:( [[[[[[[[celestia]]]]]]]]]] :( so sorry to hear about Ginger will say a little prayer for him and you.
Your shade tree reflects you hurt and saddness. :(
Please let us know how everything goes with Ginger's surgery.

Yokovich
05-19-2004, 09:05 AM
thanks so much for your kind words Kathleen. this is him, my fella Ginger (last winter) he's a beauty isn't he? He might get surgery today if he is stabilized enough.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2004/33531-WDEginger-med.jpg

stonewhiteclown
05-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Sorry for you Ginger, Celestia! But I have a feeling he'll be allright! You know, cats are like that, may look worse than they are...

Valri Ary
05-19-2004, 11:28 AM
OHHHHHHHHh poor you and Gingersnap. How sad for you BUT must agree with the last poster and say that cats are very strange creatures and pull themselves outta all kinds of things that other animals would just roll over on....we are all pulling for your kitty. (on a side note, I had a bird I thought was a girl so I called her Peggy, later discovered she was actually a he and never changed her name....nice to hear there are other folks like me~SILLY!)
Your painting is hard to see but the colors do show you are a sad girl....maybe in a few days you can relook and paint some brightness into it as your baby will be outta the woods then.
Take care!!

artbyjune
05-19-2004, 02:12 PM
Poor Ginger. I hope he gets over his accident. He looks like a cat I once had called Henry whom I loved to bits...

June

Charlie's Mum
05-19-2004, 02:52 PM
Oh Celestia - lots of hugs of sympathy - I can understand how awful you're feeling. By the time you read this I hope Ginger is feeling much better and on the road to recovery - I really feel for you :crying:
Can't see much of your tree - the sun is reflecting onto my screen and I've moved as much as I can! - but I'm sure it will be as good as usual!
Lots of love to Ginger :)

MKathleen
05-19-2004, 05:25 PM
:) Hi celesta, thank you for sharing an image of your 'Ginger'. He's a pretty dapper looking fellow for sure.
Please let us know how he and you all are doing. :(

Lanita
05-19-2004, 05:57 PM
Hi Celestia,

I was out of town all weekend and so did not participate in this WDE, but I like your tree very much, even with the somber overtones.

Ginger is adorable and reminds me of Little Kitty, a Maine Coon who owned us for twelve years. I wish your kitty a speedy recovery and hope he uses up only the first of his nine lives!

Sending along many wishes for health and well-being,

Lanita

zardoz
05-19-2004, 06:55 PM
so sorry to here about your cat
two weeks ago my older daughter ran over my younger daughter's dog and it has been a sad house hold and an angry one also. although it was an accident ,hurt feelings can lead to heated discussions.
I truly hpe Ginger survives and gets back to his oldself
can't see your tree to well but what I can see looks a little gloomy

Deano
05-19-2004, 11:58 PM
Celestia, my friend, I understand your deep feelings for your cat. I have two toy poodles that are like my children. Heres hoping that Ginger snaps back into good health soon. I'll keep you both in my prayers.
The tree has a very painterly quality that I like.

Yokovich
05-20-2004, 12:02 AM
thanks everyone for all your kind words! I can't tell you how much it helps me!!! The best thing is that Ginger had surgery today and they fixed three really major things --the prognosis is guarded but that is much better than what they said intially (which was more along the lines of the prognosis is rainbowbridgeville)!! I will work on the tree in the next day or so--maybe add some sunlight now!! :)

MKathleen
05-20-2004, 12:22 AM
:) celestia, we'll keep thinking those good thoughts for Ginger and you too. And please do add some sunshine to your painting and your heart.

Sharrm
05-20-2004, 02:02 AM
Oh, Celestia, what a sad thing you have had to deal with. I understand and really feel for you, as the same thing happened to me with my cat. It is good that you let your friends here know how Ginger is doing. Between that and jury duty, you've had one heck of a week girl..... Tonights news sounds hopeful, keep us posted. :) Sharron

Lanita
05-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Hi Celestia,

So glad to hear the encouraging news about Ginger! Maybe his crankiness is a sign of his tough spirit. Wishing him a speedy recovery -- and don't forget to take care of yourself too!

Lanita

FriendCarol
05-20-2004, 02:50 PM
Your Gingersnap looks a bit like one of our cats here, called "Precious." I do hope (and pray) Ginger will be feeling much better soon, and you will, too. I'll be waiting hopefully for the sunnier tree (and a kitty update).

Charlie's Mum
05-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Better news about Ginger - seems a tough little chappie so I hope he's soon purring comfortably again. Hope you had enough with jury service to keep you occupied - it can be soooooooooo borrrrrrring! :(
I can see your tree better tonight too - looks like the sun will come out soon!
Still sending hugs and warm wishes :)

Bertoni
05-20-2004, 06:32 PM
Celestia:
I was so sorry to hear about Gingersnap's plight!!! I'm sending up prayers!!!!
He's a beauty of a kitty! Our cats are important members of the family. If our Michael O'Toole has as much as a sneeze, we go bonkers!!!
Praying for him!!!

Yokovich
05-20-2004, 11:11 PM
saw him tonight--he is not looking so good--hoping and praying for good news tomorrow. They have a big sign on his recovery room "WILL BITE" --what they don't know is that was true before his medical problems.

Charlie's Mum
05-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Celestia - really hope he improves quickly - maybe it's two steps forward and one back at the moment. If he's well enough to bite, is that a good sign?
Prayers still winging their way through the stratosphere :cat: - wish someone would design a 'sympathy smiley' :)

sundiver
05-21-2004, 11:43 PM
So sorry to hear about Ginger! Hope all goes well for him and that he still has some of his 9 lives left.

Ottersong
05-22-2004, 11:07 AM
Sending much white light and healing to Gingersnap. ((((( hugs))))

Marymc

Yokovich
05-22-2004, 11:12 AM
thanks cyberbuddies---saw him yesterday and he looked a wee bit better--going to see him today and get back in time for the wde--I worked more on this painting too so maybe I will add onto this thread. screwed up the foreground I fear. Ah painting, like life --so unpredictable!! lol

Dyin
05-22-2004, 01:06 PM
I'm sorry I missed this til today, got a real good chewing out from Boots too. I hope Ginger is doing better, sounds like he's a fighter and will make it. I know the circumstances must be hard on you too, but you could not anticipate such a thing. The important thing is you got him to help right away and that you love him so much...that's the best medicine there is. Your tree does look sad but to me a tree symbolizes life and renewal so hopefully it will a good omen painting for your Ginger.

dabblerdot
05-23-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear about your rough last few days, hopefully Ginger is feeling improved and healing each day. Our fur-children are very much family members, and deserve all the love and compassion we can muster. I am sending energy thoughts to Ginger, and hugs to you.
I can see the beautiful way you have painted the sky spaces between the twigs and branches, and think that's really great ! Very 'Group of Seven'.
I hope you have even better news for us at your next post.

ams
05-23-2004, 05:07 PM
I just read about Ginger. I missed it last week. I know how close you can get to your pets. I hope is doing better.

Anne

Yokovich
05-24-2004, 11:02 PM
hi friends. saddest news. my Ginger did not make it. I have cried and cried and cried and cried --I really miss him so much. I finished this painting --look in the sky you will see the shape of my kitty with a ball representing today his angel day. Maybe he is playing with some of your kitties who have gone before him to the big kittykat playground in the sky. can you believe I am talking like this??? lol lol--seriously, thanks so much for your sweet messages. what a bunch of swell pals. did this turn out at all?? I couldn't tell because I couldn't see it-- it's not easy to paint when you can't see for the tears.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-May-2004/33531-gingerstree.jpg

Charlie's Mum
05-25-2004, 05:35 AM
Oh Celestia - I am so very sorry about Ginger - he was obviously very ill when all the love in the world could not help him - My dog, Charlie, and I send our love and sympathy. My heart is really weighty for you because I know how you feel. :crying:
{{{{{{{{{{{hugs, tea and sympathy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

stonewhiteclown
05-25-2004, 06:15 AM
(((((Celestia))))) So sad...

Your picture, meanwhile, is shaping up! Love the ground, it has very nice perspective to it.

Dyin
05-25-2004, 09:36 AM
I'm so sorry, hon. I'm sure he's having a wonderful time unraveling clouds in the sky, able to look down and keep an eye on you. I know it hurts, but that will go away in time and you'll find that the love you exchanged stayed. Big huge hug (((((((((((((((Celestia)))))))))))))))) and scritches from Boots.

Lanita
05-25-2004, 10:46 AM
Oh, Celestia, I'm so sorry to hear about Ginger. Your painting is a sweet tribute to your well-loved friend and I'm sure his strong presence will be missed. My most heartfelt condolences to you.
Lanita

katju
05-25-2004, 10:46 AM
So sorry to hear about your kitty, Celestia. I remember the day we had to put "my baby" to sleep and I cried all day, too. They really are like your kids. I can see him in your painting. The foreground is dark but there's light in the distance. A brighter day is just over the horizon...

Kathy

Ottersong
05-25-2004, 11:43 AM
Oh Celestia, I am so sorry, ((((((((((hugs))))))))) and kitty kisses from Wrecker and Sara. You will see him again when you cross the rainbow , bridge, he is there waiting for you.

The tree turned out well especially now that Ginger is in the sky, the storm is over now.

Much love , Marymc