PDA

View Full Version : RichPens

joe_jones
05-18-2004, 03:18 PM
Anybody use these airbrushes? If so how do you like it?

Joe

Penny220
05-18-2004, 11:01 PM
An airbrush by the name of RichPens? I have never heard of them before.

Nice avitar how was it painted?

Maryl Lehman
05-19-2004, 01:43 AM
Welcome to WetCanvas!, Joe! I have never heard of RichPens airbrushes either----sorry! Hope someone else can help you out.

~Maryl

HF AIRBRUSH
05-19-2004, 02:02 AM
welcome here....yes ive heard of the richpen...this is a imitation of the iwata....ive never worked with it myself but ive heard others that they liked it...
maybe you could look at airbrush online....i thought ive heard about it over there..

henk

ABStan
05-19-2004, 03:39 AM
Hi Joe,

The way I hear it is that Iwata, olympos, Richpen are all made in the same factory in japan under different specifications. All parts for the richpen are interchangeable with the Iwata I believe. I have never used one but guys I have heard talking about using them think they are just as good if not better than the Iwata. The Phoenix range is comparable to the iwata Micron but at a fraction of the price. I have just brought a brand new Olympos SP-C over eBay for $112.00. This thing is an absolute pleasure to use and the detail with the .23mm nozzle is great. So to answrer your question, I dont think you can go wrong with one, but that is just my personal opinion, hope it helps. :) :)

Stan

joe_jones
05-19-2004, 10:20 AM
An airbrush by the name of RichPens? I have never heard of them before.

Nice avitar how was it painted?

My avitar is actually sandblasted glass over a painted background.

here's a larger pic

http://members.crosspaths.net/joejen/Eagle_Img0987.jpg

Joe

His Painter Airbrush
05-19-2004, 10:25 AM
Looks nice Joe! If you try the richpen let us know how it worked out for you ok? :)

Penny220
05-19-2004, 10:49 AM
A pin-head, air-head and glass etcher, we have much in common. Sweet chevy in the shop by the way :D

Maryl Lehman
05-19-2004, 01:27 PM
Joe, your avitar looks great! I've done a lot of sandblasting in the past---I use to work for a stained glass shop, and that was my job there----to do the sandblasted designs on the glass like what you have here, plus I did a lot on my own. Nice job!

~Maryl

joe_jones
05-19-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm glad you like it. It's my favorite sandblasted piece.

A pin-head, air-head and glass etcher, thats me, it's all art
what can you do :) The Chevy is a 52, hopefully it will be
in primer this summer so I can pinstripe it and cruise to carshows.
But it will be years before is done.

My glad I found this place, it seems to focus more on the art and creating
it then the other sites I go to.

Penny220
05-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Yes, this site is for art. Where did you get your glass? I was asked today to do some etchings that will be hung on a wall and I need a supplier for the pieces.

joe_jones
05-20-2004, 09:06 AM
It's 1/4 inch plate glass. I got it from a local glass company.

Penny220
05-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Do most glass companies have the ability to scallop or bevel edges?

joe_jones
05-20-2004, 10:50 AM
Bevel maybe they should be able to polish the edges. The company I go thru has to send it to Omaha, NE for that (the their other store) I'm in central Iowa.

But the scalloping I did my self with a special tool.