PDA

View Full Version : Is this the face of evil?

David Acres
09-16-2001, 10:08 AM
I saw this at: http://www.attackonunitedstatesofamerica.com/
It is for real according to Associated Press, it's owner!

These type of faces are seen in clouds all the time, aren't they?
Just a coincidence! Still, gets me praying just the same!

LarrySeiler
09-16-2001, 10:23 AM
Interesting pic David...uncanny and eerie for sure. Here's an image...and a site with many more. Took me four tries to refresh the site to get all of them in though. Very touching images. -Larry

http://home.pressroom.com/epicovers/wtc/

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2001/raising_flag.jpg

pixelscapes
09-16-2001, 04:45 PM
One of my friends showed me that picture (the first one) and said, "Look! It's the face of the Devil!". And I said, "Hmm, doesn't look a THING like Osama bin Laden to me...."

-=- Jen "I was only sort of trying to be funny" de la Cruz

TeAnne
09-16-2001, 06:58 PM
I saw this face on the tv and pointed it out to Daryl. It was so eerie it sent cold shivers thru me.

tammy
09-16-2001, 07:43 PM
You know its funny in a way that I'm about the same in different terms what Teanne said. Someone sent this same link to me in an e-mail.
The thing is that as many of you know I am a Christian and to be honest, normally things as this photo would catch my attention and my time, but you know for some reason this time when I was
sent it in an e-mail it just didn't hold that attraction for me.

What I mean is that we all know that something evil was behind this autrosity and yet we are concerned about a face in smoke?
Not for me. Not this time.

Of course, no disrepect to David for bringing this up. Nothing wrong with being curious when such a thing crops up.

LornaM
09-17-2001, 10:50 AM
as an artist i see faces everywhere, in woodwork, tile, marble patterns. during some phases of my life that propensity has been really strong. but i was living in the dallas area when a delta flight crashed on its approach to DFW. a few days later i was driving down 114, a highway where people in cars had been killed, and i thought of them and something in me got so angry at the idea of God. i looked up in the sky and there was the biggest, most grieving face i have ever seen, sitting in a bank of clouds. it was so full of love and so real, it changed my life forever. perhaps this face was meant to change lives too.

David Acres
09-18-2001, 10:57 AM
Hi guys, this is supposedly real! Apparently, it was taken by a Lady after praying on receiving a vision in the clouds!
Interesting and fascinating stuff to me as I see things like this constantly too!
Tammy, fear not! For those who know the Son shall have everlasting life!:) His Almighty Father doesn't let anything happen without a reason!:)

MissMouse
09-18-2001, 11:45 AM
First off I want to say that I wish no one disrespect here and this is just my humble opinion.
I am leery of pictures like this as I work on Photoshop and know what can be done.
Call me doubting Thomas "Until I put my hand in his side".

Sandi
09-18-2001, 03:39 PM
Thanks for sharing these! Is it just be me, or is there also a turbaned smiling profile consisting from the entire black smoke mass?
::shudder:::

I've seen horses, dogs, cats, elephants, faces, in clouds before, so I don't doubt the Jesus picture. Beautiful photo btw, fake or real, it touches the heart. Thanks!

Leaflin
09-19-2001, 08:18 PM
Georgia O' Keeffe said "Imagination makes you see all sorts of things"
However you look at it the first one is really eerie.

The second one is beautiful.

lori
09-21-2001, 04:01 AM
okay...you all are going to think i'm crazy. and god knows i pay my therapist enough money so you don't!! (is it working...??)

:p

anyway...

when they were showing the workers at ground zero last week, the camera angle was such that i saw a profile in the blasted building of the second tower. it looked EXACTLY like what would be the profile of this image. spooky.

okay, okay...i also agree with the miss mouse. i too work in photoshop, which has changed the way i look at photos forever!

but i really did see a face in the building and pointed it out to my hubby.

auntie_chaos
09-21-2001, 06:56 PM
I too saw that face in the cloud (depicted in the first picture) on TV. I just thought I was crazy but then my daughter said she saw it too. I've always been a cloud-watcher ... love trying to see what neat shapes I can find up there, but never saw a face (or anything) in smoke - of course I've never been close to any smoke like that either I guess.
----------------
auntie chaos (AKA Cheryl)

--- we all bleed red blood --

paintfool
09-22-2001, 01:02 AM
I've seen many 'strange' things in my life.

Keith Russell
10-04-2001, 11:42 PM
Greetings:

I've done photo-retouching in airbrush, and have been doing it since LONG before Photoshop.

Never trust photos--period. They haven't been 'real' since the time of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, who bought into some very obviously 'retouched' fairy photographs.

Everyone thinks the computer made photos unreliable, but photography has been unreliable for a lot longer than computers have been around.

Keith.